This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT give it up for ONE game that YOU feel doesn't get enough credit

#141Outlander22Posted 4/26/2013 6:19:59 PM
Definitely XCOM: Enemy Unknown for me.

Fantastic remake of a classic that stays perfectly true to the franchise, as well as a slew of awesome improvements and presentation. And people thought that turned-based strategies were a relic of generations where hardware demanded it.

This game actually makes me want to get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, even though it's a different genre.
---
Eat a ****.
#142UrbanMessiahPosted 4/26/2013 6:29:06 PM
Another game I'd like to mention is Metro 2033, it's totally underrated. The atmosphere in that game really dragged you in, it wasn't as fast paced as CoD but it was worth playing and I can't wait for the sequel in a few weeks

Exactly...why more people didn't play Metro 2033 but fell for Medal of Honor twice this gen baffles me.
---
People, this is AMERICA! When push comes to shove? You shove that mother****** under a moving train! (>.<)
#143KLOUDrocksPosted 4/26/2013 7:28:05 PM
flame030191 posted...
Blur would've taken the second spot, but I've never actually played it, so I'm unsure if it's actually any good or not. Every time I find it, though, they're charging $40, and I don't feel it should cost that much.

Blur is my favorite racing game of this generation, but I haven't played Split/Second. I hear the two are similar enough, but people usually can pick their favorite easily. Blur reminded me of the perfect mix of Mario Kart and a more "serious" arcade racer like Need for Speed or Midnight Club.

My vote goes to The Saboteur though. I own practically all the sandbox games for the 360 and this game was definitely top-tier, but it was never promoted. With that said, I can't name one person that's played it that disliked it.

Other games that come to mind include the N64's Jet Force Gemini (similar to the above, where it was never hugely popular, but those that played it loved it), the PS1's Tomba! series (a game that was popular for it's time, but has been forgotten over the years), the NES's Faxanadu (a game similar to Zelda 2 that was better than it in every way), and the PC's Ultimate Domain (an early Civilizations type game where you could win by finding 5 of the 7 gems in the world or destroying all the other villages).
#144flame030191Posted 4/26/2013 7:32:52 PM
KLOUDrocks posted...
flame030191 posted...
Blur would've taken the second spot, but I've never actually played it, so I'm unsure if it's actually any good or not. Every time I find it, though, they're charging $40, and I don't feel it should cost that much.

Blur is my favorite racing game of this generation, but I haven't played Split/Second. I hear the two are similar enough, but people usually can pick their favorite easily. Blur reminded me of the perfect mix of Mario Kart and a more "serious" arcade racer like Need for Speed or Midnight Club.

My vote goes to The Saboteur though. I own practically all the sandbox games for the 360 and this game was definitely top-tier, but it was never promoted. With that said, I can't name one person that's played it that disliked it.

Other games that come to mind include the N64's Jet Force Gemini (similar to the above, where it was never hugely popular, but those that played it loved it), the PS1's Tomba! series (a game that was popular for it's time, but has been forgotten over the years), the NES's Faxanadu (a game similar to Zelda 2 that was better than it in every way), and the PC's Ultimate Domain (an early Civilizations type game where you could win by finding 5 of the 7 gems in the world or destroying all the other villages).

From what I've gathered, they are two separate types of racing games under the arcade style. Blur, as you pointed out, mixed in a lot of the cart racing features, like the power ups. Split/Second played more like classic NFS/Burnout where you pick your track, your car, and race. The difference is you can interact with the track and either slow down your opponents, create shortcuts, or change the track entirely.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#145_LordAndSaviorPosted 4/26/2013 9:43:16 PM
coconutarmy1 posted...
BILLY HATCHER AND THE GIANT EGG!

Great game... Nobody cares but me.

Solid 2nd to Kirby Air Ride. Not many people know of it.

OMG! I loved Billy the Hatcher, epesically the multiplayer we would play it for hours.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#146DarkAdonis123Posted 4/26/2013 9:54:47 PM
Asura's Wrath
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#147NemerlightPosted 4/27/2013 2:52:41 AM
Raccoon City.

*runs*
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#148God_of_MagicPosted 4/27/2013 3:50:18 AM
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Dante's Inferno
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
---
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.
#149TreGoodaPosted 4/27/2013 12:32:06 PM
Urgaleet posted...
While I'm not sure about its popularity on gamefaqs, Shadow of the Colossus.

Never met anyone outside of my family that has ever played the game.

Are you young?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#150xanthan1Posted 4/27/2013 12:56:48 PM(edited)
master_gamr1231 posted...
Alpha Protocol. One of the best RPGs of the gen. Absolutely mind-boggling how much the choices affect the rest of the game, even the order in which you do the missions. And I love all the interesting characters and the wide variety of fates that (most) of them can have.

Seconding this, the big problem was so many reviews treated it as a shooter instead of an RPG with shooter elements and never seemed to get past Saudi.

Wait holycrap someone who thinks SoC didn't get enough credit? Games amazing and all my friends who played it agreed.