This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Woohoo! Finally got every last achievement for Castlevania Lords of Shadow!

#1Dragon NexusPosted 4/25/2013 6:27:54 PM
Can't say I didn't get my money's worth. Got my first achievement Oct 10th 2010. And just now I beat the last part of the DLC on the hardest difficulty...after retrying on that boss about 15 times. I swear that sword swipe move is dodgable maybe 25% of the time.

So yeah, riding the clouds at the moment. I usually hate difficulty achievements, they're almost always the ones I leave for later...and then never do. At least Lords of Shadow wasn't *too* difficult.

Any of you guys have games you are so close to completing but just can't bring yourself to?

inb4 people whine about achievements being dumb
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#2Surv1valismPosted 4/25/2013 6:42:01 PM
Nice, never could bring myself to finish that, i like it and all but i know it wasn't easy either way, grats.
---
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#3Robin_MaskPosted 4/25/2013 6:53:57 PM(edited)
Dude, just passing it on Paladin for both the game and DLC is a hell of a task, nice work. Some of the trials are beyond stupid though.

The Forgotten One is possibly one of the hardest bosses that I can remember this generation.

I gave up on Batman: Arkham City since I don't feel like doing the those stupid campaigns and arena battles over and over for Batman and Catwoman.

Max Payne 3 since I really dislike NYM.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#4Dragon Nexus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 6:56:47 PM
The Forgotten One is possibly one of the hardest bosses that I can remember this generation.

I thought that too....but actually the biggest issue with him is how much patience you have.
Honestly, his moves are some of the most well telegraphed in the game. I actually rank Olrox as being harder in some ways since the "I'm doing an unblockable attack" noise plays at the exact instant the attack hits...so it's worthless.

So your main enemy is attacking when you shouldn't, thinking you can get just one more hit in when really you can't...and he punishes you for it. Hard. Hit and run works best, and if you can get him to do that two swords he claps together move, you've got a good free hit in there. I's just that damn swipe sword move that screws me up.

I gave up on Batman: Arkham City since I don't feel like doing the those stupid campaigns and arena battles over and over for Batman and Catwoman.

I still need to finish the second playthrough of that...I did all the challenges and got every achievement in the main game *except* the New Game + and Perfect Knight achievements.
But yeah, I gave up on the Catwoman challenges too.
1) They started to get real tedious.
2) I got all the single challenge medals, but getting all of the multiple challenge medals....ugh. Hard enough doing them singly without doing it in a row. Too annoying. Didn't complete Robin or Nightwing either.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5bossk5Posted 4/25/2013 7:02:13 PM
Congrats Sir!
---
I buy used games. I also own and enjoy an Xbox 360...Deal with it.
#6Robin_MaskPosted 4/25/2013 7:25:48 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

I thought that too....but actually the biggest issue with him is how much patience you have.
Honestly, his moves are some of the most well telegraphed in the game. I actually rank Olrox as being harder in some ways since the "I'm doing an unblockable attack" noise plays at the exact instant the attack hits...so it's worthless.

So your main enemy is attacking when you shouldn't, thinking you can get just one more hit in when really you can't...and he punishes you for it. Hard. Hit and run works best, and if you can get him to do that two swords he claps together move, you've got a good free hit in there. I's just that damn swipe sword move that screws me up.

I still need to finish the second playthrough of that...I did all the challenges and got every achievement in the main game *except* the New Game + and Perfect Knight achievements.
But yeah, I gave up on the Catwoman challenges too.
1) They started to get real tedious.
2) I got all the single challenge medals, but getting all of the multiple challenge medals....ugh. Hard enough doing them singly without doing it in a row. Too annoying. Didn't complete Robin or Nightwing either.

I just got bored of AC, too boring to repeat the SAME levels with all the characters and once more with the campaigns.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#7WiiareVenomPosted 4/25/2013 7:56:29 PM(edited)
F.O. On Paladin...*shudders*

I only lack one achievement on Skyrim, the one from the dlc for beating a Legendary Dragon. Waiting for everything to respawn just takes to long, and when you are that high a level, there isn't much to do on that play through.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#8God_of_MagicPosted 4/26/2013 6:15:54 AM
WiiareVenom posted...

I only lack one achievement on Skyrim, the one from the dlc for beating a Legendary Dragon. Waiting for everything to respawn just takes to long, and when you are that high a level, there isn't much to do on that play through.

I just fast traveled between dragon marks and one eventually popped. Its super fast. I have heard you need to be a super high level when you do it though. I think I was a lvl 77 when I killed my first.
---
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.
#9WiiareVenomPosted 4/27/2013 12:24:45 AM
God_of_Magic posted...
WiiareVenom posted...

I just fast traveled between dragon marks and one eventually popped. Its super fast. I have heard you need to be a super high level when you do it though. I think I was a lvl 77 when I killed my first.

I was trying that, but supposedly it takes along time (30 days?) for them to all respawn.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#10HeLeehamPosted 4/27/2013 2:04:07 AM
Grats. I did this too and it was probably my favourite 100%.