This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So generally, are fighting games better on 360?

#31Res5Posted 4/26/2013 11:54:31 AM
Any fighting game that isn't using a Gamecube controller is failing. :P

Yes, I am serious. I've played with a good manner of controllers for fighters and Gamecube is best. Having the notches on the joystick helps for accuracy and the placement of the buttons makes it easy to roll into combos and use "the claw" if need-be.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#32DoukouPosted 4/26/2013 11:59:34 AM
The Xbox's A button is terrible
---
Don't read this sig.
#33SunDevil77Posted 4/26/2013 11:59:53 AM
Enclave posted...
Besides, even with the transforming d-pad, it's still not great and the PS3 controllers still have a more accurate and thus superior d-pad.

Those are your views. Mine differ.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#34dtmrPosted 4/26/2013 12:02:05 PM
Doukou posted...

Worst A button ever. More like stupid green jerk button, ammirite?
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#35velvet_hammerPosted 4/26/2013 12:03:54 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Enclave posted...
Besides, even with the transforming d-pad, it's still not great and the PS3 controllers still have a more accurate and thus superior d-pad.

Those are your views. Mine differ.

Well in Gods view the 360 dpad is junk, its better then it was after they re did it.. but its still junk
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#36DoukouPosted 4/26/2013 12:04:28 PM
dtmr posted...
Doukou posted...

Worst A button ever. More like stupid green jerk button, ammirite?

Yes.
It's like a green that is trying to be a red.
---
Don't read this sig.
#37SunDevil77Posted 4/26/2013 12:07:20 PM
Res5 posted...

Yes, I am serious. I've played with a good manner of controllers for fighters and Gamecube is best. Having the notches on the joystick helps for accuracy and the placement of the buttons makes it easy to roll into combos and use "the claw" if need-be.

There is a reason I still use the GC controller for Smash...2 gens later!
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#38AnonymousFriendPosted 4/26/2013 12:07:26 PM
Fighting games are better on the Xbox because your get to buy a hundred dollar fighting stick to make it equal.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#39EnclavePosted 4/26/2013 12:39:45 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Res5 posted...

There is a reason I still use the GC controller for Smash...2 gens later!

I don't think I ever actually played any fighting games on the GC. Was that controller really that good for them?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#40shagadelicPosted 4/26/2013 12:41:05 PM
cmwmccal posted...
No. The D-pad is horrible for fighting games.

A valid point in 2008. Not so much in 2013. There are so many sticks, fight pads, and cheap lag free PS2 to 360 converters on the market now.

Anyway, I buy all my fighters for 360. Online tends to be more stable.