This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's wrong with the D-pad?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What's wrong with the D-pad?

User Info: Matt_Man_2004

Matt_Man_2004
3 years ago#1
People say it's awful for fighting games but I honestly have no idea why. What is it that's hard to pull off with that dpad?

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 years ago#2
It's the awkward disc shape and (IMO) the placement. It just feels clunky and never seems to do what I try to.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 years ago#3
flame030191 posted...
It's the awkward disc shape and (IMO) the placement. It just feels clunky and never seems to do what I try to.
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: Doukou

Doukou
3 years ago#4
What did you want at school? An A or a D?
So why would you a D-pad instead of an A-pad?
Don't read this sig.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 years ago#5
Doukou posted...
What did you want at school? An A or a D?
So why would you a D-pad instead of an A-pad?

Post of the Day winner! Here's your Bear Paw cookie.
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#6
Not to mention the build quality is awfully imprecise. I own 8 360 controllers and only one of them has a d-pad that doesn't rub against the side of the raised circle it sits in, preventing that direction from working half the time.

And then it's inaccurate and very uncomfortable. I tried playing Shenmue 2 with it and my thumb was killing me after half an hour the edge is so sharp (not sharp as in it cuts you, but it digs into your finger).
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#7
Transformers. Perfect controller in disguise!
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

User Info: shiva

shiva
3 years ago#8
It's the most terribly inaccurate d-pad of all consoles I own. I've had 'up' read as 'down', which shows how faulty the input recognition can get.
"Hurry up and make me the star of the sequel!" - Super Zur confirms Guardian Heroes 2!

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
3 years ago#9
I don't get why people claim that the PS3 has the "best" D-Pad....To me it's a pain in the ass, because directional require more finesse. To me the XB 360 D-Pad is better.
But whatever.
Some people will piss & moan about anything.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#10
SunDevil77 posted...
Transformers. Perfect controller in disguise!

Only they break on you after a few months and you have to shell out another $60. And before you argue that it's never happened to you, I've seen dozens of them broken among my friends and I've seen them returned at stores for the same reason.
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What's wrong with the D-pad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived