This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's wrong with the D-pad?

#1Matt_Man_2004Posted 4/26/2013 11:16:03 AM
People say it's awful for fighting games but I honestly have no idea why. What is it that's hard to pull off with that dpad?
#2flame030191Posted 4/26/2013 11:20:41 AM
It's the awkward disc shape and (IMO) the placement. It just feels clunky and never seems to do what I try to.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#3AWarAmp84Posted 4/26/2013 11:23:02 AM
flame030191 posted...
It's the awkward disc shape and (IMO) the placement. It just feels clunky and never seems to do what I try to.

---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#4DoukouPosted 4/26/2013 11:24:05 AM
What did you want at school? An A or a D?
So why would you a D-pad instead of an A-pad?
---
Don't read this sig.
#5AWarAmp84Posted 4/26/2013 11:26:22 AM
Doukou posted...
What did you want at school? An A or a D?
So why would you a D-pad instead of an A-pad?

Post of the Day winner! Here's your Bear Paw cookie.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6656stoogePosted 4/26/2013 11:27:12 AM
Not to mention the build quality is awfully imprecise. I own 8 360 controllers and only one of them has a d-pad that doesn't rub against the side of the raised circle it sits in, preventing that direction from working half the time.

And then it's inaccurate and very uncomfortable. I tried playing Shenmue 2 with it and my thumb was killing me after half an hour the edge is so sharp (not sharp as in it cuts you, but it digs into your finger).
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#7SunDevil77Posted 4/26/2013 11:28:44 AM
Transformers. Perfect controller in disguise!
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#8shivaPosted 4/26/2013 11:29:47 AM
It's the most terribly inaccurate d-pad of all consoles I own. I've had 'up' read as 'down', which shows how faulty the input recognition can get.
---
"Hurry up and make me the star of the sequel!" - Super Zur confirms Guardian Heroes 2!
#9shawnmckPosted 4/26/2013 11:32:05 AM(edited)
I don't get why people claim that the PS3 has the "best" D-Pad....To me it's a pain in the ass, because directional require more finesse. To me the XB 360 D-Pad is better.
But whatever.
Some people will piss & moan about anything.
#10656stoogePosted 4/26/2013 11:30:50 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Transformers. Perfect controller in disguise!

Only they break on you after a few months and you have to shell out another $60. And before you argue that it's never happened to you, I've seen dozens of them broken among my friends and I've seen them returned at stores for the same reason.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY