This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Your Gamerscore ends in a number other than 0 or 5, what do you do?

#41L0ZPosted 4/27/2013 4:14:32 PM
Finish the other Half Life 2 achievements
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]
#42KLOUDrocksPosted 4/28/2013 5:16:13 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Perfect Light posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
If you are letting a number change how you play games to the point of avoiding or seeking out certain achievements that don't result in a 0 or 5 end number, that goes beyond simple neurotic stupidity, that dives right into OCD because you're letting something small rule your life instead of you ruling over your brain the way it should be.

I highly doubt those trying to fix their score back to a 0 or 5 are letting it "rule" their lives. More than likely they'll look up a few games with odd-numbered achievements and seek them out. I doubt they're letting it keep them awake at night. Either way, you're straying from the original question, which was just me wanting to know if the poster actually had true diagnosed OCD or just decided he had it. You're making this much bigger than it really is.

Only 2 gamerscore numbers mean anything, 10,000 and 25,000, after that it's pretty much a meaningless number.

The moment you decide to let a meaningless number control ANYTHING you do it goes past neurosis and delves into OCD.

There's a difference between want and need. If someone NEEDS to change their gamerscore to even it out, then it's OCD. However, most people will say the word "need" and really mean "strongly want". Those are two entirely different things, as WANTING to change your gamerscore to even it out is not OCD at all.

Most people will say they have OCD as an exaggeration. Welcome to the world of hyperbole, Stig.