This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 it is

#11Nintendosuks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 6:16:44 PM
BeefEaster posted...
Nintendosuks posted...
Hope you guys are right.

no you don't

you came in here to troll but got shut down so now you're gonna leave with your tail between your legs

Not trolling bro. Just thought it'd be worth talking about. You're obviously a fanboy so there will be no conversation worth having with you. Read my first post. I said then I hope it's not true. I like to own every system to get the most out of gaming. IGN said the rumor of an online only xbox was true so I thought is try to share that and get people's thoughts. I should've known better than to have a legitament conversation about it on gamefaqs. Talk to you guys on the 21st about it. Also,I don't see how I was shut down. See ya in 3 weeks
---
Waiting on The Last Of Us
PSN:W8N387 GT:patriot basher
#12BeefEasterPosted 4/26/2013 6:20:35 PM
nope

I own a 360 and a ps3, plan on getting both consoles next gen

it's funny that you call me a fanboy with the board name "nintendosuks"
#13flame030191Posted 4/26/2013 6:25:59 PM
I don't take rumors seriously.

I've already decided that I'm getting a PS4, mainly because of the exclusives (Killzone: Shadowfall, inFamous: Second Son, and Drive Club look insane). I'm keeping an open mind for the new Xbox, but MS will have to impress me like Sony did.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 4/26/2013 6:39:37 PM
BeefEaster posted...
GGearX posted...
BeefEaster posted...
people around here sure take rumors seriously

it's like junior high school

I'm going out with a PLAYBOY MODEL!

my uncle works for sony and microsoft so I got the new consoles early and not only are they both always online but they're also both always ON FIRE

As the Avatar of Hephaestus, I can confirm this.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#15TheBlueStigPosted 4/26/2013 6:48:16 PM
How the hell did the TC last this long with a username that's deliberate trolling?

Yo mods, WAKE UP!!!
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16LanternOfAshPosted 4/26/2013 7:14:19 PM
Man, for not believing rumors, TC sure believes a lot of rumors.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#1795_EclipsePosted 4/26/2013 7:29:39 PM
GGearX posted...
BeefEaster posted...
people around here sure take rumors seriously

it's like junior high school

I'm going out with a PLAYBOY MODEL!

I seen your girl naked haha
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#18SunDevil77Posted 4/26/2013 7:38:59 PM
my sister's friend's cousin's uncle's wife works for Xbox and Wii and said that the PS4 is just ok.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#19The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 4/26/2013 7:42:57 PM
Under Microsoft's current guidelines, which may still be changed, the decision of whether a game will require an internet connection to work and if that is a one-time authentication or a constant connection, will be left up to individual publishers.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/26/4268782/next-xbox-drm-achievements-live

Shuhei Yoshida stated that "when you purchase the disc-based games for PS4, that should work on any hardware." When asked whether games would require online registration, Yoshida noted that that decision was up to the publisher. When asked if Sony, as a publisher, would require games to be registered online, Yoshida said, "we are not talking about that plan."
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/sonys-yoshida-playstation-4-wont-block-used-games/

You might want to stick with the Wii U, OP.
#20ChezDispenserPosted 4/26/2013 7:44:21 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/26/4268782/next-xbox-drm-achievements-live

Sources tell Polygon that the next Xbox will indeed have some form of an always-on requirement. That will be both to support the suite of non-gaming entertainment applications that will be launched alongside the console, like streaming video services, but also as a possible anti-piracy tool. Currently, the console will support digital rights management and anti-piracy checks using an internet connection. Under Microsoft's current guidelines, which may still be changed, the decision of whether a game will require an internet connection to work and if that is a one-time authentication or a constant connection, will be left up to individual publishers.

The fact that offline gameplay, always online and one-time checks are supported, means that in the future, publishers will have much greater control over copyright protection for their games.

Weird, because Polygon just "confirmed" that the requirement will be left to the publisher.
---
Goddamn!