This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you enjoy with average or bad metacritic score!

#11bossk5Posted 4/27/2013 5:24:21 AM
Too many to list.

Too Human and Ninety Nine Nights 2 come to mind pretty quick.
---
I buy used games. I also own and enjoy an Xbox 360...Deal with it.
#12Flatline05Posted 4/27/2013 5:26:10 AM(edited)
No one may agree with me but:

Duke Nukem Forever
Metacritic score: 49

I actually enjoyed this game and if it had come out a decade before as it should have, I think it would have been right there with the best of the FPS at the time. Even though it was severely aged by the time it released, I still got some enjoyment out of it.
---
GT: Rollinstone24, PSN: Rollinstone24
#13Spidey555Posted 4/27/2013 5:58:02 AM
pots555 posted...
Two Worlds 2
Metacritic score: 67

A superb gaming experience. It's long, interesting and the graphics are pretty good. I don't understand the score at all.

I agree, Two Worlds 2 here as well. It does have the best magic system in an rpg. Graphics look great especially with some dashboard tweaks.
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#14SunDevil77Posted 4/27/2013 6:13:58 AM
Flatline05 posted...
No one may agree with me but:

Duke Nukem Forever
Metacritic score: 49

I actually enjoyed this game and if it had come out a decade before as it should have, I think it would have been right there with the best of the FPS at the time. Even though it was severely aged by the time it released, I still got some enjoyment out of it.

I agree with you. DNF gets far too much undeserved hate.

Yeah, it sucks that it took so long and it was just "okay." But it's a lot of fun if you go into it with low expectations
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#15CyricsServantPosted 4/27/2013 7:31:49 AM
pots555 posted...
Deadly premonition
Metacritic score: 68

Nier
Metacritic score: 67

Silent Hill: Downpour
Metacritic score: 64

Alpha Protocol
Metacritic score: 63

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Metacritic score: 51

Those would be the big ones . . .
#16Neo1661Posted 4/27/2013 7:35:11 AM
Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

Even the critics have also admitted to being too harsh due to excitement for Halo and Black Ops.

This! I completed it 3 times in a row on different difficulties because it was so much fun. The only other game I've completed 3 times was Modern Warefare 2 but that wasn't 3 times in a row.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#17TheBlueStigPosted 4/27/2013 7:38:00 AM
I don't pay attention to metacritic scores in the first place, I just play the games I want to play.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#18KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/27/2013 7:42:29 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Other than the graphics being a little dated when it came out, I never understood the mediocre scores for Nier.

I think this is an example of how shallow gaming journalism has become. Many don't actually understand what makes a good game anymore. If it looks a bit crap it is instantly disliked by these so called experts.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: A (PS3), Dragon Age: Origins (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#19LatchKeyKidPosted 4/27/2013 7:46:04 AM
Probably Duke Nukem Forever it's better than people give it credit for.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#20CyricsServantPosted 4/27/2013 9:07:40 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Other than the graphics being a little dated when it came out, I never understood the mediocre scores for Nier.

I think this is an example of how shallow gaming journalism has become. Many don't actually understand what makes a good game anymore. If it looks a bit crap it is instantly disliked by these so called experts.

I avoided Nier like the plague for a couple of reasons at first. It's an SE published game for one, and then there was the controversy surrounding the re-design of the main character to look like a caveman (supposedly to appeal to Western gaming sensibilities, aka Gears fans).

When I actually got around to it though I was blown away for a number of reasons.

The story is emotionally engaging, well-paced, and intelligent. The ending is tragic but fantastic. The OST is probably the best I've heard gen. THE BEST. The game tries to be innovative with its gameplay and its camera angles. Sometimes it plays like a 2d side-scroller, others a top-down beat-em-up, others like your standard behind-the-protagonist 3d action game, etc. It even has a section of the game devoted entirely to text adventuring!

My only real complaints is about the dungeon retreads. I was fine with the graphics and the somewhat simple combat.