This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Activision's Bobby Kotick made ~$65,000,000.00 last year.

#41RenamonPosted 4/27/2013 10:00:11 AM
Winternova posted...
Why did you link to the NEOGAF thread instead of the Reuters article?

Because it would make too much sense.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#42CyricsServantPosted 4/27/2013 10:05:31 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Do you think if the CEO were gone tomorrow that Activision would suddenly forget how to make a CoD for every holiday season, or how to collect WoW subs every month?

Wait a minute . . . Sheepinator is being critical of a corporate officer?

I don't know who you really are, but you can't just hack someone's Gfaqs account!
#43WinternovaPosted 4/27/2013 10:15:54 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Do you think if the CEO were gone tomorrow that Activision would suddenly forget how to make a CoD for every holiday season, or how to collect WoW subs every month?

He deserves the additional compensation through stock awards because he increased profitability by 250% between 2010 and 2011 and kept it at the high level for 2012. I don't see the outrage.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#44WinternovaPosted 4/27/2013 10:18:09 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Winternova posted...
Sheepinator posted...
That $65M pays for the average salaries of about 775 developers.

How many salaries are paid in stock awards?

Not much. Game Developer magazine has posted those stats some times, e.g. in 2011 they said 83% received additional income and the average additional income was $21K.

86% of Kotick's compensation for 2012 was stock awards. I doubt programmers would want 86% of their pay to be stock awards that they can't exercise immediately.
---
#45TheBlueStigPosted 4/27/2013 10:26:12 AM
Winternova posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Winternova posted...
Sheepinator posted...
That $65M pays for the average salaries of about 775 developers.

How many salaries are paid in stock awards?

Not much. Game Developer magazine has posted those stats some times, e.g. in 2011 they said 83% received additional income and the average additional income was $21K.

86% of Kotick's compensation for 2012 was stock awards. I doubt programmers would want 86% of their pay to be stock awards that they can't exercise immediately.

86% of $65 Million is 55.9 Million, that means Kotick still made $9.1 Million in non-stock funds.

Most people would kill to make that much.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#46ECWRULZPosted 4/27/2013 10:32:49 AM
GiantOrange posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
THIRTY SEVEN?!

In a row?

Bunch of savages in this town...

Hehe...
---
http://i.imgur.com/5bcq9tZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r0m1Dq0.jpg
#47shawnmckPosted 4/27/2013 10:34:59 AM
I read somewhere that Bobby Kotick sleeps on a bed that has sheets & pillow cases made from human skin.....bathes in the blood of virgins.....and drinks the tears of babies that were bottled at the source.
And also that if you say his name three times backwards in the dark & in front of a mirror, that he appears behind you to take your soul and deliver it to his master.
#48SheepinatorPosted 4/27/2013 10:47:08 AM
Winternova posted...
Sheepinator posted...

He deserves the additional compensation through stock awards because he increased profitability by 250% between 2010 and 2011 and kept it at the high level for 2012. I don't see the outrage.

He did this all by himself did he? The stock price from end of 2009 to end of 2012 went from $10.51 to $10.48, aka useless for shareholders. During that time how much did he make? Btw you keep talking about income growth, you may want to look at other metrics like cash flow too, where 2012's is slightly below 2010's, and 2011's is way below 2010's.

You didn't answer the question either. If you were put in charge tomorrow and sat there playing Peggle every day, would WoW still have millions of subs and would the next CoD still sell millions? Of course they would.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#49SheepinatorPosted 4/27/2013 10:51:21 AM
CyricsServant posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Wait a minute . . . Sheepinator is being critical of a corporate officer?

I don't know who you really are, but you can't just hack someone's Gfaqs account!

Hahaha. I think it's absurd that anyone makes that much more than the average. I don't believe they're worth it. Now in Kotick's case he deserves more than other CEO's like Riccitiello (ex-EA) and Zelnick (Take Two), but still, that amount of compensation is ridiculous, especially when you look at things like stock price returns for investors.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#50WinternovaPosted 4/27/2013 10:51:55 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
86% of $65 Million is 55.9 Million, that means Kotick still made $9.1 Million in non-stock funds.

Most people would kill to make that much.

Most people aren't smart enough to make that much.
---