This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Activision's Bobby Kotick made ~$65,000,000.00 last year.

#61Killah PriestPosted 4/27/2013 11:23:40 AM
You cared enough to post.

I care about people being jealous or envious of another persons success, which is why I posted.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#62WinternovaPosted 4/27/2013 11:23:51 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
It doesn't take much to be a clueless executive out of touch with consumers, the people under him are doing most of the actual work, just like 99% of other corporate jobs. The higher ups get the pay, the grunts do the work.

You don't get to be a CEO without working your ass off. Kotick started programming on the Apple // and worked his way up from there.

shawnmck posted...
^ Hey, just like politicians & lawyers (especially politicians)...
They make all the money, all the while bemoaning the plight of the poor & middle class(all the while living like kings & stealing from the very people they claim to support)...but when it comes to actual work they have their interns or special hired people do all the work while they go play golf, or fly off on their private jet, or dine with movie-stars, or practice their lies in front of the mirror.

You don't start off with those luxuries...you EARN them with years of hard work.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#63MertensCWPosted 4/27/2013 11:27:03 AM(edited)
BrutalBrocken posted...
of course I feel the same way hearing about proffesional sport athletes or musicians.
Sickingly overpayed

Imo Football players deserve every penny they get and shouldn't fall into the Basketball or Baseball bums category who get paid no matter what.

Oh and CEO pay.. what a joke. They make it seem as if a company couldn't have a monkey throw darts an an idea/ direction board provided by quality employees and be as susccesfull.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#64WinternovaPosted 4/27/2013 11:25:11 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I could care less what Kotick made. Stop with the jealousy/envy.

If you could care less, then you care at least some measure. What you meant to say is that you couldn't care less.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#65SheepinatorPosted 4/27/2013 11:25:27 AM
Winternova posted...
shawnmck posted...
^ Hey, just like politicians & lawyers (especially politicians)...
They make all the money, all the while bemoaning the plight of the poor & middle class(all the while living like kings & stealing from the very people they claim to support)...but when it comes to actual work they have their interns or special hired people do all the work while they go play golf, or fly off on their private jet, or dine with movie-stars, or practice their lies in front of the mirror.

You don't start off with those luxuries...you EARN them with years of hard work.

George Bush says hello.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#66Killah PriestPosted 4/27/2013 11:30:05 AM
If you could care less, then you care at least some measure. What you meant to say is that you couldn't care less.

I've already won this dance.
---
#67pandoraorbPosted 4/27/2013 11:32:40 AM
Killah Priest posted...

I actually researched this once...both are now acceptable sayings that are meant to convey the same thought. Literally, though, Nova is correct.

I feel dumber having researched it, but I say it all the time and my wife loves giving me crap about it...had to prove her wrong. :)
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#68SheepinatorPosted 4/27/2013 11:33:57 AM
pandoraorb posted...
Killah Priest posted...

I actually researched this once...both are now acceptable sayings that are meant to convey the same thought. Literally, though, Nova is correct.

I feel dumber having researched it, but I say it all the time and my wife loves giving me crap about it...had to prove her wrong. :)

Just because enough people get it wrong that they collectively decided it was OK to be wrong, does not make it right.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#69RPG_ApostlePosted 4/27/2013 11:35:01 AM
Killah Priest posted...

You couldn't beat yourself, let alone Nova.
---
I miss Mega Man.
#70Killah PriestPosted 4/27/2013 11:35:28 AM
Its not wrong, its sarcasm.
---