This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock lag help and advice needed.

#1RealWaluigiPosted 4/27/2013 3:12:37 AM
My Dad lent me the first bioshock but when i play it it freezes every 5 seconds and then carries on.

I tried installing it but after like, 3% it comes up with the error message saying can't read disc it may be scratched ... Blah blah blah...
---
Official Deoxys of the Pokemon X&Y Boards.
#2SparkItUpPosted 4/27/2013 3:47:54 AM
yikes, sounds like you scratched his game...what the hell do you want us to do about it?
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#3FoppePosted 4/27/2013 3:51:43 AM
You either got a bad laser in your console, or the disc is scratched.
If only Microsoft could give us some informative error messages so we easily could see what's causing your problems...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4RealWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:52:09 AM
SparkItUp posted...
yikes, sounds like you scratched his game...what the hell do you want us to do about it?

It isn't even scratched... And i only want advice on how to make the game work properly.
---
#5RealWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:54:00 AM
Foppe posted...
You either got a bad laser in your console, or the disc is scratched.
If only Microsoft could give us some informative error messages so we easily could see what's causing your problems...

It could be the laser because my 360 is 4 and a half years old and it has had disc read problems recently.
---
#6richdmoorePosted 4/27/2013 8:39:58 AM
RealWaluigi posted...
SparkItUp posted...

It isn't even scratched... And i only want advice on how to make the game work properly.

Do other discs work fine? If so, get a new disc. (I would think a used copy would be cheap.) You could also try to get the disc polished/restored from a local shop.

If other games don't work, it is probably the drive. Look into console repair places, sending to Microsoft to fix, or buying a new console.

Other than the above, there is no tricks to fix either disc or disc drive issues.
#7TheBlueStigPosted 4/27/2013 10:00:51 AM
Foppe posted...

Every error comes with a code at the top of the error box, google those codes and you find out exactly what the problem is.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8RenamonPosted 4/27/2013 10:08:46 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Foppe posted...

Every error comes with a code at the top of the error box, google those codes and you find out exactly what the problem is.

why cant it just say what the issue is instead of giving a generic error and make us then look up what the error is
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#9RealWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 10:33:02 AM
richdmoore posted...
RealWaluigi posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Do other discs work fine? If so, get a new disc. (I would think a used copy would be cheap.) You could also try to get the disc polished/restored from a local shop.

If other games don't work, it is probably the drive. Look into console repair places, sending to Microsoft to fix, or buying a new console.

Other than the above, there is no tricks to fix either disc or disc drive issues.

Most games work fine, all games usually don't start up due to unreadable disc but open and closing the tray fixs that.

A few games slow down mainly fifa on menusand crysis 3 sometimes randomly skips frames in cutscenes.
---
#10Dragon NexusPosted 4/27/2013 11:17:57 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Foppe posted...

why cant it just say what the issue is instead of giving a generic error and make us then look up what the error is

Because treasure hunting is fun 8D
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln