This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I sincerely hope GTA5 isn't two discs...

#61SudiekenPosted 4/27/2013 1:45:08 PM
robert_rangersu posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
This again?

It really isn't a big deal, in anyway whatsoever.

The entire world will be on each disc, only story missions will be spread between them.

It's a big deal to me, if it happens ill be getting the superior ps3 version

Better just getting the even more superior PC version, like me.

Assuming they even port this game (Red Dead Redemption l0l), it will be one of the worst PC ports in the history of gaming, like GTA IV.
#62savagechild89Posted 4/27/2013 1:46:09 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
Open-world games shouldn't spread multiple discs...

games shouldn't spread multiple discs period in this day and age.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#63Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:37:20 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
Open-world games shouldn't spread multiple discs...

games shouldn't spread multiple discs period in this day and age.

They can if we're expected to have the sorts of textures we have now and Microsoft wanted to use DVD-9 instead of some better format for their media...
---
Every post I make is with integrity and sincerity. I'm pretty sure you're the troll, not me.
#64TheBlueStigPosted 4/27/2013 11:14:16 PM
Sudieken posted...
robert_rangersu posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
This again?

It really isn't a big deal, in anyway whatsoever.

The entire world will be on each disc, only story missions will be spread between them.

It's a big deal to me, if it happens ill be getting the superior ps3 version

Better just getting the even more superior PC version, like me.

Assuming they even port this game (Red Dead Redemption l0l), it will be one of the worst PC ports in the history of gaming, like GTA IV.

The non-Steam version of GTA-4 is still the superior version of the game because it's moddable without any hassles that plague the Steam version. There's a ton of real world vehicle and map mods for the games.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#65HeliosAscensionPosted 4/27/2013 11:46:36 PM
656stooge posted...
I hope that it's two disc, but the second one is a HD texture pack. People without a HDD don't deserve to screw people that do own one over.

I agree minus the disdain.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#66SparkItUpPosted 4/28/2013 1:16:46 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
If only the 360 used an HD-DVD drive...

That would be a brilliant way of splitting the user base.

Honestly, TC, it depends on how much uncompressed audio and how many HD FMVs they shove in there. Considering R* isn't keen on either for their open world games, I kinda doubt it'll be 2 disks.

I think he means that it should have been in the console to begin with.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#67VeryDarkSoulPosted 4/28/2013 2:27:27 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
pWN54Ss posted...
The 4GB version is a joke

You can either install a 320GB HDD, or a pair of 32GB USB drives, or both for a total of 384GB.

you can only use 16gb drives, so it would be 2 16gb drives for 32gb, not 2 32gb drives for 64gb

edit: I looked it up. Wow I didn't know they doubled it to 32gb each, damn.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#68TheBlueStigPosted 4/28/2013 11:40:35 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
pWN54Ss posted...
The 4GB version is a joke

You can either install a 320GB HDD, or a pair of 32GB USB drives, or both for a total of 384GB.

you can only use 16gb drives, so it would be 2 16gb drives for 32gb, not 2 32gb drives for 64gb

edit: I looked it up. Wow I didn't know they doubled it to 32gb each, damn.

It's been 32GB for something like 9 months now, get with the program.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#69dj___rollPosted 4/28/2013 5:50:15 PM
Quote:Dragon Nexus posted...
If only the 360 used an HD-DVD drive...

That would be a brilliant way of splitting the user base.

Honestly, TC, it depends on how much uncompressed audio and how many HD FMVs they shove in there. Considering R* isn't keen on either for their open world games, I kinda doubt it'll be 2 disks.

San Andreas would like to have a word with you. The game filled a 4.8GB single layer DVD, and most of the data was the .VOB audio for the music, and the 2 large video cutscenes (middle and ending).

The entire map, all the vehicles, peds, houses, animations for everything, etc etc etc only took up 896MB.

So yes, RockStar is very keen on using bloated oversized files for music and cutscenes.

@TheBlueStig

They don't use uncompressed audio though. Not do they use high quality textures, or animation, or AI.

And you using a ps2 game as an example. Try using a modern GTA game.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#70Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:23:51 AM
San Andreas also had bad graphics and a so-so engine...

But it's one of the best games of all time so it managed to overcome those things.
---
Every post I make is with integrity and sincerity. I'm pretty sure you're the troll, not me.