This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone notice any difference playing on 60hz and 120hz?

#1HELZEROPosted 4/27/2013 7:32:38 AM
Also stupid question but does it make your xbox run hotter on 120hz?
#2Dragon NexusPosted 4/27/2013 8:46:46 AM
It won't affect your 360 at all because it's the TV doing all the work. It doesn't force the console to make the games run at 120 frames per second, it simply displays the images at that speed.

The TV will add in-between frames based on what it thinks will happen in order to give an illusion of smoother movement. It can sometimes lead to a slightly distorted frame or two during fast movement.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#3SheepinatorPosted 4/27/2013 9:09:52 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
It won't affect your 360 at all because it's the TV doing all the work. It doesn't force the console to make the games run at 120 frames per second, it simply displays the images at that speed.

The TV will add in-between frames based on what it thinks will happen in order to give an illusion of smoother movement. It can sometimes lead to a slightly distorted frame or two during fast movement.

I would turn off such additional TV processing. It can introduce lag and other motion artifacts, The game is still running at 60fps or 30fps anyway so that changes nothing.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.