This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me some games!!!

#11shawnmckPosted 4/27/2013 9:27:45 AM(edited)
FPS: Metro 2033 (the sequel Metro: Last Light comes out next month)
If you like Westerns, then also check out "Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood". (stay away from the other two CoJ games, as they are trash)

TPS: Binary Domain, Spec Ops: the Line, RE5, Dead Space 3

RPG: Dragon's Dogma (the DD: Dark Arisen just came out, which is the original game + expansion)....Witcher 2 (?)
#12shawnmckPosted 4/27/2013 9:28:25 AM(edited)
@ TC

You aren't affiliated with EpicNameBro from Youtube, are you (perhaps are the same guy) ?

Probably not, if you are saying that Dark Souls was too hard...but I had to ask.
#13UniqueNameBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:39:20 AM
Quote:FPS: Metro 2033 (the sequel Metro: Last Light comes out next month)
If you like Westerns, then also check out "Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood". (stay away from the other two CoJ games, as they are trash)

RPG: Dragon's Dogma (the DD: Dark Arisen just came out, which is the original game + expansion)....Witcher 2 (?)

@shawnmck

I might have to check out the new Metro game. Should I play the first one first? Also played DD demo but wasn't too into the "pawns" thing.
#14shawnmckPosted 4/27/2013 11:57:40 AM
UniqueNameBro posted...
Quote:FPS: Metro 2033 (the sequel Metro: Last Light comes out next month)

@shawnmck

I might have to check out the new Metro game. Should I play the first one first? Also played DD demo but wasn't too into the "pawns" thing.

^ You don't have to, but it's up to you. The new game is said to be better and have many improvements over the original.
It's up to you.
Just keep in mind that the game uses pre-war & post-war ammo & weapons...
Post-war ammo & weapons are basically made from whatever was handy, and as such are less accurate and less powerful. Some mistake this for faulty hit detection and weak shooting mechanics, but it's not. It was intentional so as to show the difference between the post-war weapons (which are called "bastard guns") and the pre-war weapons like the Ak-47, & etc.
The game explains this, but some people miss it.

Metro 2033 is basically like an apocalyptic version of Call of Duty, but it has elements of survival-horror that make it stand out. For example, many of the underground areas are dark or even pitch-black, but you have a flash-light that needs to be re-charged manually. So you use one of the triggers to charge it. And ammo can be scarce, and you will have to find gas masks and other things.
The stealth is a bit broken though.

Also keep in mind that the game uses pre-war ammo that also doubles as currency. And the game stupidly combines the re-load button (push) with the swap ammo (hold), which can cause you to accidentally load the currency ammo in your weapons and waste it.

But like I said, the new Metro game is said to be an improvement.
But it does take place after the events of the first game, so whether you want to pick up the original is entirely up to you.
You can also watch a walkthrough videos on youtube to get a decent idea of the game and determine if it's something that you actually want to play or not.

Or if you want some mindless FPS action, there is always Borderlands, which is pretty awesome, even if mindless.
#15shawnmckPosted 4/27/2013 12:08:11 PM(edited)
Here are some links on youtube for walkthroughs....
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3gUT2CwrDo

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_BZ2Fg6GxI

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAuOSYDhb2s

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7eBh9XYm40

And there are multiple parts.
Or you can just type in "metro: 2033 walkthrough" and get some others.
The ones I posted were just some randomly chosen one.

BTW
The Developer of Metro 2033 (& the upcoming Last Light) is the same Developer that did the STALKER game for the PC.
#16xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/27/2013 12:08:53 PM
Deus Ex.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken when it comes to a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#17UniqueNameBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:14:09 PM
Sweet thanks man. I'll watch those and determine if I wanna pick up the original. But I'll most likely get the new one it sounds pretty interesting. I also played both borderlands and liked the 1st one a little more for some reason.
#18UniqueNameBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:14:55 PM
Quote:@ TC

You aren't affiliated with EpicNameBro from Youtube, are you (perhaps are the same guy) ?

Probably not, if you are saying that Dark Souls was too hard...but I had to ask.

@shawnmck

No sir I have no affiliation with him, ha.