This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers have gone mental.

#1pots555Posted 4/27/2013 4:21:53 PM
Every new game now gets bashed on metacritic. I am currently playing Star Trek the video game and it deserves at least a 7. It's not unplayable by any means, the graphics are good and the story interesting. Even then, 2.6 metacritic score. This is getting stupid. Ever since Mass Effect 3, it has gone down the hill.

What game developer will take chances now? Were will the creativity go? NOWHERE!
#2beautifuldreamsPosted 4/27/2013 4:26:52 PM
gamers have voted with their wallets, and voted for metacritic, drm, and microtransactions
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#3CalistoCoonPosted 4/27/2013 4:29:06 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g5zu1y/annoyed-gamer-settling-the-score-with-metacritic
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#4SunDevil77Posted 4/27/2013 4:58:07 PM
Dude, as fun as Star Trek can be, it ain't good. You know you're in for a s*** ride when you get a glitch that makes Spock do the splits multiple times, then proceeds to freeze your console...all because I opened a door
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#5CalistoCoonPosted 4/27/2013 5:29:33 PM
You call yourself a Trek fan but you don't know about the Vulcan Console Freeze Splits? He used it several times in the original series.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#6SunDevil77Posted 4/27/2013 5:35:15 PM
Hahah srsly though...New Vegas is the only other game I've ever played that has made my Xbox it's b****... Vegas gets a pass for actually being...ya know...good.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#7Allaster111Posted 4/27/2013 5:38:20 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Dude, as fun as Star Trek can be, it ain't good. You know you're in for a s*** ride when you get a glitch that makes Spock do the splits multiple times

I believe those are the classic signs of Spock going through pon farr.
#8coldwinePosted 4/27/2013 5:41:43 PM
It's just trolling. I never take those scores seriously, and developers shouldn't either.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#9TheFeshPincePosted 4/27/2013 5:46:17 PM
coldwine posted...
It's just trolling. I never take those scores seriously, and developers shouldn't either.

They don't have a choice... they have to. It's a reflection of their work.
#10pots555(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:47:23 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
coldwine posted...

They don't have a choice... they have to. It's a reflection of their work.

And that's the sad part. No sequel for me...