This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please stop buying digital 360 games.

#1GooBacksBackPosted 4/28/2013 10:30:40 AM
You encourage them to charge 50 dollars for Mortal Kombat.

If it's digital it should be CHEAPER due to no packaging or manual.
#2ZDT_LeaderPosted 4/28/2013 10:32:13 AM
Or disc..?

I get what you mean. But there are actually some games on GoD that are cheaper than in stores.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#3ScymitePosted 4/28/2013 10:37:44 AM
Digital CAN'T be cheaper than retail because then MS would be undercutting all retail stores, and would alienate EVERY retail store to not sell or offer ANY MS product until we are truly a completely digital world, so many years yet.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#4SunDevil77Posted 4/28/2013 10:55:54 AM
Shouldn't you be developing a triple A game or something, TC?
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#5ChrisHanson24Posted 4/28/2013 11:07:52 AM(edited)
Scymite posted...
Digital CAN'T be cheaper than retail because then MS would be undercutting all retail stores, and would alienate EVERY retail store to not sell or offer ANY MS product until we are truly a completely digital world, so many years yet.

In a completely digital world, no one would buy a digital game because they would have no money to buy it. The only people who are given money for making the game are the software developers and ceo/executives of the company. There's no retail employees, no shipping employees, no factories, no technical writers, no 2nd hand market, automated tech support, etc. So until we change how money is distributed in our society, a digital world cannot work.
#6sunK1DPosted 4/28/2013 11:08:09 AM
I haven't bought a physical game on My X360 since 2009, all digital since. My Vita has never seen a cartridge...
#7ThugETHPosted 4/28/2013 11:25:02 AM(edited)
sunK1D posted...
I haven't bought a physical game on My X360 since 2009, all digital since. My Vita has never seen a cartridge...

I only buy digital if there is no other choice like XBLA or some PSN games.
I prefer cards for Vita and discs for 360 as I can get most of my money back when I'm done with the game via ebay.
I buy one or two full priced games a year and the rest come from ebay selling and buying.
Sniper app on my phone gets me loads of titles dirt cheap so one full priced game becomes 5 or 6 games before the last one is too low a value to get something I want.

I have nothing against digital though, I just don't buy DLC.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#8NauticalDisastaPosted 4/28/2013 12:54:20 PM
sunK1D posted...

How does it feel to not really own any of your games?
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#9WinternovaPosted 4/28/2013 1:01:25 PM
ChrisHanson24 posted...
In a completely digital world, no one would buy a digital game because they would have no money to buy it. The only people who are given money for making the game are the software developers and ceo/executives of the company. There's no retail employees, no shipping employees, no factories, no technical writers, no 2nd hand market, automated tech support, etc. So until we change how money is distributed in our society, a digital world cannot work.

In your world, the only industry is the video game industry. Thankfully, in the real world, there are many other jobs with which to make money.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10WinternovaPosted 4/28/2013 1:03:01 PM
NauticalDisasta posted...
sunK1D posted...

How does it feel to not really own any of your games?

Why do you think other people will have the same emotional reaction as you do to that fact? I don't mind the fact that I don't "own" the digital games I have a license to; I'm sure other people feel the same way.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)