This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please stop buying digital 360 games.

#61TheBlueStigPosted 4/29/2013 10:48:53 AM
Winternova posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Where did all the music stores go again? Before digital music there were music stores in every mall and in thousands of strip malls across the country. Now only big box stores are still selling hardcopy music, and the majority of releases never get ordered.

That's part of the "retail will change" that he mentioned. Those stores will disappear and be replaced by other stores.

Did you bother to look at the difference in the markets from then to now?

There's a fraction of the music hardware available, a fraction of the releases get ordered in hardcopy form.

Is that what you want for the game industry? You really want things to get WORSE?

Typical Shill.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#62NightDrifter05Posted 4/29/2013 11:23:07 AM
I find it funny that BlueStig thinks digital only will kill retailers. Alot of the US still doesn't have fast enough internet speeds to where people would want to buy digital. What about the people who don't have high speed access at all? It's something like 48% of the US has less then 1mbps internet so it would take them 24-48 hours to download the average game. Unless something happens where everyone in the US has crazy fast internet and can download games in a matter of minutes as opposed to hours you won't even see a huge profit loss in retail game sales unless publishers decide to pull out of retail which won't happen.

But, in BlueStig's defense he is right about Microsoft being able to disable game's. Microsoft released a update in 2011 that was meant to disable pirated copies of Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops 2, and Resident Evil 5 but guess what happened? It also affected legitimate games and they had a HUGE backlash from it. They even banned people from Xbox Live and banned accounts for no appearent reason, which without Xbox Live for the average gamer that system is useless. So you may want to think twice about saying Microsoft can't just outright shut down a console. Ask yourself this, if you were wrongfully banned like hundreds of thousands have been, and you couldn't access Xbox Live, what would that console be worth to you?
#63majinbuu58Posted 4/29/2013 11:48:35 AM
Everything about this topic is moronic..
#64Runner_stylePosted 4/29/2013 11:57:40 AM
There's only 1 game I'm going to consider buying on xbox digitally. Tales of Vesperia. It's much cheaper on XBL than it is buying a physical copy...Now I just have to bring myself to buy it...
---
'Weeaboo, Troll, Fanboy, White Knight' are the last defence used by idiots hoping by saying it will some how validate their opinions/arguments.
#65hak145Posted 4/29/2013 12:14:21 PM
Scymite posted...
Digital CAN'T be cheaper than retail because then MS would be undercutting all retail stores, and would alienate EVERY retail store to not sell or offer ANY MS product until we are truly a completely digital world, so many years yet.

left 4 dead 2 would like to say hi.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#66TheBlueStigPosted 4/29/2013 12:52:32 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
I find it funny that BlueStig thinks digital only will kill retailers.

Look at the posts directly above yours, answer the same question, where did all the music stores go? What killed them?

Digital killed the music stores and the music industry isn't even 100% digital.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#67FredSavage27Posted 4/29/2013 12:57:21 PM
What killed the music business was piracy that skyrocketed with Napster (immediately before the rise of legal digital distribution) and persists to this day.
---
DISCLOSURE: My real name is not Fred Savage, nor do I remember why I call myself that.
#68WinternovaPosted 4/29/2013 1:16:59 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
NightDrifter05 posted...
I find it funny that BlueStig thinks digital only will kill retailers.

Look at the posts directly above yours, answer the same question, where did all the music stores go? What killed them?

Digital killed the music stores and the music industry isn't even 100% digital.

It didn't kill the "music industry", though...it just put the power back in the hands of the artists. If it killed the music industry, my brother-in-law would be out of a job/career.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#69JWhiskeyPosted 4/29/2013 1:57:23 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Online shopping takes critical revenue away from local businesses, cities, and states that desperately need that sales and tax money to keep going.

Typical shill walking around with blinders on, the economy sucks ass, jobs are hard as hell to get to begin with (even with full college degrees), and all you can think about is putting MORE people out of work just because you're getting paid to be a shill.

I love the way you talk about other people's money like it isn't theirs. "Local businesses and governments NEED that money"

F that.I decide where I spend my money. If an online company or digital retailer does a better job than a local business then they better start adapting by offering some other enticement to make me come back. If they can't that's too bad.

You can take your outstreched hand and stick it where the sun don't shine.
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#70HoundourPosted 4/29/2013 2:06:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]