This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't you guys think the Xbox 360's controller is better than the PS3's?

#1SolnotPosted 4/28/2013 11:52:37 AM
I say this because the dualshock 3 controller sticks seem so loose and wobbly compared to the tighter 360 controller sticks. I do think the dualshock 3 controller has a better dpad if we are talking about wireless controller comparison but the wired 360 controller has an excellent dpad as well. What brings all this up is the fact when I play SF 4 on the 360 I can pull off more accurate combos and get a better response but when I play SSFF4AE on the ps3 I fail to pull off combos and ultras because the sticks are so loose, even when playing shooters I do better on the 360 because of the tightness in the controls over the sloppiness of the ps3 loose sticks. What do you guys think? I know I shy away from shooters and fighters on the Ps3 and go with the 360 instead. I honestly don't remember the ps2 sticks being as loose as the dualshock 3 controllers. I may have to pull out my ps2 slim and see.
#2Dante729Posted 4/28/2013 11:54:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy07575e9Aw
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#3mastahjebusPosted 4/28/2013 11:55:19 AM
That comes dangerously close to being a wall of text.

The 360 controller's analog sticks are very well placed and the controller itself is quite ergonomic. It seems quite tailored for competitive games, but the PS3's controller is very well made and quite suitable for casual gaming.
---
"Your" = Possession | "You're" = You Are | "Their" = Possession | "They're" = They Are | "There" = Position
#4axelfooley2k5Posted 4/28/2013 11:56:13 AM
360 controller is better

ps3 dualshock with realtriggers you buy extra for a couple bucks make them almost equal

but i prefer the 360 feel and the fact it feels heavier and more quality well built
---
CAREFULL MANNNN, There's a Beverage Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#52pac_Alypse_NowPosted 4/28/2013 11:57:05 AM
Maybe your ps3 controller needs to be replaced? I can't say for sure, I've never had any issues m my ps3 controller. I don't play many fighting games so can't comment on that. I do however like the size of the xox controller it seems to fit in my hand better. The ps3 just seems so small. I do like using Playstation controllers for any lengthy gaming sessions like RPGs or something
---
Advocate for gay rights, equality with respect to race and gender and working for a safer world
#6MostlySlowJoePosted 4/28/2013 12:21:47 PM
I had to buy a fusion controller for my PS3 cost 80 bucks but well worth it.
For two reasons

I am not a lady or a 4 foot tall asian with little hands.

I like the 360 stick placement.

I would say the fusion controll is even better then the xbox one but still not as good as the dreamcast controller.
---
Greatest PC game ever made Red Dead Remption.
#7rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/28/2013 12:25:36 PM
I probably don't care that much. It's likely that any preference for the 360 controller is simply because over the past few years, I've mostly played games on the 360 and am just more used to it.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#8TheBlueStigPosted 4/28/2013 12:53:37 PM
Considering the fact that Sony lost their long line of multiple Court cases against Immersion Technologies, and the PS3 controller was launched without vibration motors in them, that instantly puts the PS3 controller at the bottom of the stack against the 360 controller.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9richboy900Posted 4/28/2013 1:09:29 PM
Yeah definitely, more comfortable and better button layout. The triggers are far better than l2 and r2 on ps3. Ps3 has better dpad though.
#10_Ominousity_Posted 4/28/2013 1:11:21 PM
Solnot topic, but nonetheless:

Yes I agree that the 360 controller is better designed than the PS3 controller. It has a very natural feel, especially with someone with larger hands. Using the bumper and trigger buttons on a PS3 controller feels very clumped together compared to the 360's.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Om1nous1ty -
[R] [Looknmypants]: YO shhh im straight chipp off this ambien and iu think my towel cat can hear you