This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about some opinions on Alpha Protocol?

#81dkgamerPosted 4/29/2013 9:22:10 PM
It seems to very much be a love it or hate it kind of game. I personally loved it.
It has a lot of really nice ideas, admittedly they don't pull them all off very well, but I felt it had a lot of charm and was worth playing. Wouldn't consider it one of ym favourite games but I did like it.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#82rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/29/2013 9:39:52 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
supersvegeta posted...
CaptainLuka posted...
Spent $60 day one. Never regretted it.

Gameplay is a little hard to get used to and is by no means good, but I still found myself having fun with it. The story, characters and VA are all awesome. Your choices actually matter, which was nice. Your character really reflects your decisions.

Agreed. I'd love for Obsidian to make an AP2 for the next Xbox.

So would I, because it would mean they aren't at work smearing their feces on a franchise I actually like.

If we're talking about Fallout, you'll probably hate me even more when I say that I think New Vegas is stupidly superior to Fallout 3. >_>

Oh it would be, if it worked. But Obsidian is absolutely incapable of making a game that functions, so as great as NV should be, having to constantly worry about when it'll freeze next kind of ruins the immersion. Never played a game before or since that was that broken.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#83TheGm86Posted 4/29/2013 10:04:43 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Oh it would be, if it worked. But Obsidian is absolutely incapable of making a game that functions, so as great as NV should be, having to constantly worry about when it'll freeze next kind of ruins the immersion. Never played a game before or since that was that broken.

Because no Bethesda game never had those problem before.

O wait.

Stop being a Jobber and remember it's the publisher who does Q&A on the games.
---
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
TheGM Adventures X: Rondo of Awesome!!!
#84StarskiRPosted 4/29/2013 10:15:43 PM
It isn't comparable to ME3 at all. But that is a good thing. Very nonlinear. Great RPG with shooter mechanics as a secondary.
---
XBL GT: CoryStarkiller
#85GuideToTheDarkPosted 4/29/2013 11:18:20 PM
I don't get you people who can tolerate bad gameplay on any level, for anything, but at least you send the message that a niche still cares for story.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#86CaptainLukaPosted 4/29/2013 11:21:31 PM
TheGm86 posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...

O wait.

Stop being a Jobber and remember it's the publisher who does Q&A on the games.

This. As far as I know, Skyrim is STILL a broken POS on the PS3 and there are no plans to fix it.

NV was a wreck at launch, yes. And that's very poor development, yes. It's disappointing...yes. But NV has been cleaned up very well all things considered.
---
Now playing: Pandora's Tower, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Fire Emblem Awakening, The World Ends With You
#87Banana_ManaPosted 4/30/2013 12:40:15 AM
I enjoyed it.

Reminds me that I should replay it.

:)
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#88Dragon NexusPosted 4/30/2013 4:19:43 AM
I don't get you people who can tolerate bad gameplay on any level, for anything

Really?
Surely you own some "bad" films that you enjoy? Surely you listen to music that some people consider bad but what the hell you like it?

Games are no different in that respect. Some gameplay foibles are unforgivable to me, but I can overlook certain things if they don't detract from the fun.
If I'm playing a game and enjoying the story, I can forgive a crap multiplayer mode, for example. Or if I'm immersed in the game world I can forget the graphics are crap, or that the AI is wonky.

Yeah it's unforgivable for a full priced game, but for a budget game (which this quickly became) you should know what you're getting into. It's all a matter of perspective.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#89brainlackPosted 4/30/2013 7:15:14 AM
its good AP is like spy fiction meets elder scrolls its good and a gem
---
ASRock N68C-GS FX, 550ti, phenom ii 1100t
MSI MS 7210, 690 gtx, pentium 4 524 @ 4.2 suicide stock cooler
#90rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/30/2013 9:30:26 AM
TheGm86 posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...

O wait.

Not nearly as bad, though I'm talking strictly X360 here, because I'm not a lunatic who tries to play Bethesda games on the PS3.

Fallout 3 froze a few times for me. Skyrim froze a few times for me. Both games I spent far longer playing than NV.

NV was freezing every fifteen minutes late in the game, more or less often depending on the location. Even after all the fixes, it still freezes more than any other game I've played, and I basically avoid exploration because every door I go through is another chance for the game to freeze.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton