This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poker Night 2 is hilariously awesome

#31Merc123Posted 4/29/2013 12:15:12 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Like i said before that people don't seem to get, this game is about the characters not the poker. If you look at the characters that are in this you really think that they are making this for poker players?

Why not? Do the characters have to be sharply dressed guys in suits for it to be legit? Why not make a proper poker game using popular video game and movie characters? Why's that somehow beyond the boundaries of sensibilities?

Pretty much if you want to play Poker, pick up one of the other ones on Arcade or Live because this one was obviously not made with you in mind.

So if on that basis this is a crap poker ame and instead a "What would happen if two guys got together" similator....why make a poker game around it? Or why do ANYTHING around it? Just make a Youtube show or something.

I fail to understand why people are saying "What, you want to play a game? Pffth, wayda miss the point" on something that has POKER in its dadgum title!

Its not that it can't be legit, but the way i look at it and the characters that are taking part in it, my first thoughts are not a super serious Poker game and more just getting these characters together as the main appeal, which is exactly what this game is. I would be all for a proper poker game with movie and game characters, but thats not this one, but i like the characters and banter enough that i am ok with that

As for why it wasn't a show, it was Telltale's idea, they are a game company so they made a video game.
#32glassghost0Posted 4/29/2013 12:20:04 PM
The Meatman posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
and has no online

........what?
What's the point of an AI only poker game? I could just pay Red Dead for that or any multitude of games that have Texas Hold 'Em included as part of the gameplay.

It would be like creating a four-player co-op beat-em-up game for the arcade and not bothering to put an online mo-
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Scottpilgrimthegame.jpg

Because it's not even about the damn Poker. If this game was multiplayer it would be pointless and completely cancel out the whole point

This must be one of the worst posts on the Xbox 360 board. Ever.

I highly doubt that. And you insult my post, then insult the other guy too? Ok.
---
No Thanks
#33NeWsKiLLzPosted 4/29/2013 1:16:37 PM
It's kinda lame. I love Brock, but he's boring in it and I never got the whole Evil Dead thing. He's okay, but cmon. The poker part is hella easy and boring. Only thing I have trouble with is the challenge to beat someone with a higher kicker. It's happened a lot until I got the challenge.
#34GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 5:03:46 PM
NeWsKiLLz posted...
It's kinda lame. I love Brock, but he's boring in it and I never got the whole Evil Dead thing. He's okay, but cmon. The poker part is hella easy and boring. Only thing I have trouble with is the challenge to beat someone with a higher kicker. It's happened a lot until I got the challenge.

Evil dead is just before your time I spose
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Injustice, MvC 2, SMW