This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are good HD TV specs for gaming?

#11CapwnDPosted 4/29/2013 2:05:44 AM
^That's what I'm talking about, I didn't say burn-in.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#12BeefEasterPosted 4/29/2013 2:11:00 AM
how is that an issue though?

it's not even noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it

all tvs have issues if you're deliberately trying to find them

led and lcd have screen lag and motion blur which is infinitely worse than anything on plasma in my opinion
#13CapwnDPosted 4/29/2013 2:19:03 AM
how is that an issue though?

it's not even noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it

all tvs have issues if you're deliberately trying to find them

led and lcd have screen lag and motion blur which is infinitely worse than anything on plasma in my opinion

All screens have lag, it's a matter of how much. Mine aren't too bad. I wish there was much more information out there about all TVs.

Motion blur... I don't see that at all with my LCD screens, and yes I do deliberately look for that stuff.

I get what you're saying, that you may be used to seeing the image retention, but it drives me nuts. I can't ignore it.
---
#14CapwnDPosted 4/29/2013 2:27:57 AM
Image retention is like seeing the spot on a screen at a theater. Or seeing dead pixels Or if you're geometry is off on your old CRT monitor.

That stuff distracts me. I'm not trying to be elitist or a jerk. Or an elitist jerk. I just can't stand that stuff.
---
#15reincarnator07Posted 4/29/2013 2:31:29 AM
LED tvs are LCD with an LED backlight as opposed to CCFL. Most of the specs are meaningless. Dynamic contrast ratio and response time in particular should be paid no heed. I'd also recommend avoiding many of these "600Hz" TVs. Your console is still only outputting at 60Hz (and often 30fps or less) so you don't gain much. They also often have much higher input latency due to the image processing. It's fine for movies and the like, but it sucks for gaming.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#16BeefEasterPosted 4/29/2013 2:39:17 AM
CapwnD posted...
Image retention is like seeing the spot on a screen at a theater. Or seeing dead pixels Or if you're geometry is off on your old CRT monitor.

That stuff distracts me. I'm not trying to be elitist or a jerk. Or an elitist jerk. I just can't stand that stuff.

fair enough

I have a samsung plasma upstairs and a sony lcd downstairs and I personally much prefer gaming on the plasma

to each their own though
#17kingbahamut83Posted 4/29/2013 3:05:13 AM
I have a vizio vt420m that i used to game on. It was a decent set. Moved so got a separate tv to game on. Found a Westinghouse 40" LED for under $400. It has been way better than the vizio for gaming, can't remember model number though. No noticeable screen lag on multiplayer games.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom