This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite- Best game this gen?

#31PoetSaskiaPosted 4/29/2013 6:58:12 AM
YES! in fact best game I've ever played. It didn't really hook me until I played 1999 mode. It was a revelation, kind of. Made me realize other games I've been playing were too easy.
#32DakhanavarXPosted 4/29/2013 7:03:38 AM
Kind of a silly question since the single best game of every gen tends to get *at least* a handful of popular choices and then quite a few others with fewer supporters. It's not my personal game of the gen, but I did thoroughly enjoy it and beat it in just a few sittings, which I rarely do nowadays.

To put it a different way, it's a good enough of a game that when you tell me it's your favorite game of the gen, I certainly don't feel the need to explain to you why that's a terrible choice or anything. It's a solid choice, just not my choice.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#33rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/29/2013 7:31:15 AM
It's not even the best game this year.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#34MRL3G3NDPosted 4/29/2013 7:58:41 AM
I'm not finished with Infinite yet...I'm about 2 hours into it. It started out slow...then it hit me with some events and put it like this...I can't wait to get home and fire it back up to see what happens next...

It has been years since I felt this about a game

Batman arkham city came close...but only due to gameplay

I'm interested in the story, and the gameplay is just a bonus here

they did a good job, well worth the wait
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#35staticxtreme5Posted 4/29/2013 9:02:14 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
I'd say Bioshock 2, or maybe Batman: Arkham City, is the best game this generation.

Regarding the Shock games, I'd say;

System Shock 2 > Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1 > Bioshock Infinite.

Bioshock Infinite is a good game, but has lots of flaws, and the ending is terrible. It's pretentious, illogical, and very unsatisfactory. And the big 'twist' in the game would be so predictable, except the evidence all points away from it so that when you find it out it's not a "Oh yes, how did I not see that coming?" moment, it's a "No way, makes no sense, because..." moment.

I was very disappointed with Bioshock Infinite for so many reasons.

LOL. no.
#36abombt7Posted 4/29/2013 9:15:38 AM
It's my favorite game in a long time, but I'm not sure any game deserves title "best game of this gen" or "best game ever". There are too many great games for ONE game to receive that title.
#37JuanZoloPosted 4/29/2013 9:51:51 AM
I would agree with you TC.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#38Reel_Big_MikePosted 4/29/2013 9:54:09 AM
Top 5, possibly even top 3. Not #1 though.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#39Arucard05Posted 4/29/2013 9:57:59 AM
It's up there.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#40BlueJester007Posted 4/29/2013 10:08:25 AM
Hell no!
---
Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game out of the MGS series because it is the least Japanese.