This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite- Best game this gen?

#41Shy420Posted 4/29/2013 11:08:33 AM
badmanneil posted...
Easily the best game i've played this gen. The campaign is thoroughly epic. The ending is absolutely fantastic. Wow. Just blown away!

So you liked the story. No complaints about how utterly linear the game is. No complaints about how most of the plasmids have no real use. You felt all of the weapons were fun to use?

I enjoyed the game but not near to the gushing most reviewers experienced with the game. I though it was okay but falls far short of spectacular. I did like how they portrayed the American dream and it's underlying reality. They got away with so interesting racial undertones and the story was pretty interesting.

There are quite a few games that are superior to this one in just about every way but I am glad for you for having had such a good time with it.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#42Shy420Posted 4/29/2013 11:10:36 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
GGearX posted...
Nope. Bioshock >>>>>infinite

System Shock 1,2 > BioInfiShock

System Shock 1,2 are not of this gen and System Shock 1's controls were crap compared to that of todays. System Shock 2 was pretty incredible.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#43este914Posted 4/29/2013 11:22:58 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
I'd say Bioshock 2, or maybe Batman: Arkham City, is the best game this generation.

Regarding the Shock games, I'd say;

System Shock 2 > Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1 > Bioshock Infinite.

Bioshock Infinite is a good game, but has lots of flaws, and the ending is terrible. It's pretentious, illogical, and very unsatisfactory. And the big 'twist' in the game would be so predictable, except the evidence all points away from it so that when you find it out it's not a "Oh yes, how did I not see that coming?" moment, it's a "No way, makes no sense, because..." moment.

I was very disappointed with Bioshock Infinite for so many reasons.

That's a very interesting opinion to have
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth, Man, Legend.
#44Dark_SpiretPosted 4/29/2013 11:30:27 AM
SS2 > Bio2 > Bio Inf. > Bio1
---
Currently playing: Kotor 2 - Red Faction: Armageddon - Sacred 2
#45KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/29/2013 11:37:14 AM
pothocket posted...
I really liked the story and the way it was told but the gameplay keeps this from being game of the generation.

The gameplay is it's only weak link. Unfortunately it's a link that is the most paramount to games. I agree with you, the gameplay really does let it down. I hate to say it, but come the end of the game the gameplay was quite boring. If the game wasn't as good as it was in other areas then I may have put it down. I feel the same about the Uncharted games, superb, but the gamplay really lets it down.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: A (PS3), Dragon Age: Origins (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#46PsychoDrama1Posted 4/29/2013 11:44:58 AM
It's an awesome game, but i liked Bioshock 1 a little more.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#47ScymitePosted 4/29/2013 12:01:43 PM
Both Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock 1 are easily in top 10 games this gen, but Bioshock 1 has top spot for me.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#48metaldiggle2Posted 4/29/2013 12:14:46 PM
Shy420 posted...
badmanneil posted...
Easily the best game i've played this gen. The campaign is thoroughly epic. The ending is absolutely fantastic. Wow. Just blown away!

No complaints about how most of the plasmids have no real use.

1. They're called vigors, not plasmids.
2. Each and every single vigor is incredibly useful in at least one specific situation (most have constant helpful usage) in 1999 mode, some of which are absolute life savers.
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#49xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/29/2013 12:19:26 PM
Maybe in the last couple months. MGS4 is the best game this gen though. That's not being a sony fanboy, that's just giving the game a chance and being blow away at every turn.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#50RezzmanPosted 4/29/2013 12:32:42 PM
Bioshock 1 was better than Infinite, so... No.
---
-=Rezzy=-
http://backloggery.com/genethebean