This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

According to todays poll, PSN is better is than XBL

#71Firespark1Posted 4/29/2013 11:02:23 AM
I guess you can say Xbox Live was better early in the generation, but it didn't get that much better as time go on. PSN was always free, a huge reason for a lot of people that don't play online often or don't want to pay, but still have the option to go online. Wasn't that great in the beginning, but seems to improve more than XBL. Not to mention, PSN+ seems to provide additional service for those that want to pay for the extras.

Then there you have it, PSN>XBL by a slight margin. Not saying one is better than the other, but this is what people prefer on gamefaqs.
#72bob15xPosted 4/29/2013 11:05:25 AM
L0Z posted...
Geist posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
It's because of PSN plus. Renting so many games for 50 USD a year is a treat.

As opposed to paying 60 a year for ads?

Psn+ has ads as well my friend.

A small scrolling text bar in the top right hand corner of the screen isnt as obnoxious as a giant ad that takes up 1/6th of my television

actually kind of impossible for it to take up 1/6 of your screen when the actual interface only takes up over half your screen, then you have the one small box with an ad.

The fact that you seem to focus on that box makes me thing you may have some mental issues.
#73NightDrifter05Posted 4/29/2013 11:06:25 AM
It's because PSN is free and PS+ is a better subscription option then Xbox Live. Nobody can deny how much better PSN has gotten since launch. At launch XBL was leaps and bounds better but after the last 2-3 years PSN has blown it out the waters especially now that Microsoft wants to force ad's down everyone's throats. But since the entire hacking fiasco PSN has taken off majorly and as someone who uses both their is no doubt in my mind that PSN is better and that's mostly because Microsoft doesn't care about gaming and doesn't want to offer the gamers anything. They want to force feed us ad's and give us stupid app's that nobody cares about (aside from Netflix).
#74caimotPosted 4/29/2013 11:07:47 AM
well i chose PSN. I mostly play single player stuff or offline multiplayer so online isnt too important for me. that said, those free games you get are quite nice.
#75hyjinx17Posted 4/29/2013 11:12:51 AM
I pay for both PS+ and XBLA and the only reason I still pay for live is because I have friends that only play xbox. PSN is equal to gold, but it's free and PS+>gold
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#76Blaze3244Posted 4/29/2013 11:14:10 AM
I have both. I voted for live only because of the hack that brought down PSN for like a month.
#77TheArcadePosted 4/29/2013 11:18:43 AM
OmegaPillow posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
It's because of PSN plus. Renting so many games for 50 USD a year is a treat.

As opposed to paying 60 a year for ads?

Keep talking about those ads while I download 50 XBL games in the timespan it took you to download one from PSN.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#78DakhanavarXPosted 4/29/2013 11:20:22 AM
Progrmd2Destroy posted...
Wow....way to start a console flame way gamefaqs lol.

But, megamanx1979 is right. I paid for NUMEROUS arcade titles ( games like Shadow Complex), and if I am not ON Xbox live, I CANNOT play games that I spent my money on? Get the hell outta here Microsoft. What am I, paying a mortgage on titles I already should own?? Ha, hilarious. I agree that Xbox live has better features than PSN though.There is no excuse for not having party chat options...but I'm sure PS4 will finally fix that.

Huh? Xbox indie games are the only ones that require a connection, and that's because of the rating system, as I recall. As long as the content was originally downloaded to that console or the licenses have been transferred, you can access all the rest of that stuff without a connection just fine. (...or is this sarcasm? Can't always tell around here.)
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#79AuRoN_iZ_SiCkPosted 4/29/2013 11:20:58 AM
Oh I'm sorry I must have had a dream that psn got hacked and was down for months.
#80gldooriiPosted 4/29/2013 11:32:10 AM
AuRoN_iZ_SiCk posted...
Oh I'm sorry I must have had a dream that psn got hacked and was down for months.

You know how many site and services get hacked all the time? It's happened to Live before... at least Sony gave us free games and a PS+ subscription.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix