This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty: Ghosts running on next-gen engine :Report(This gen related)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Call of Duty: Ghosts running on next-gen engine :Report(This gen related)

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
3 years ago#1
http://www.gamespot.com/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-running-on-next-gen-engine-report-6407643

Maybe they can do a cross gen engine thing kinda similar to Frostbite 3. Give us maybe their equivalent to Frostbite 2.5(Which I believe is what we are getting with BF4) But, it will be a nice new fresh coat of paint for a new engine. CoD really needs one.
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
3 years ago#2
I agree, its about time. But they'll probably stick with that engine for years.

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
3 years ago#3
richboy900 posted...

True, but if it's as smooth as their last engine then I wont mind. I never really had a problem with these CoDs engines, so hopefully they can make it as smooth as their last one.

If they can do enough minor tweaks like Black Ops 2 did then I'll be happy.
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton

User Info: DyingPancake

DyingPancake
3 years ago#4
zerooo0 posted...
richboy900 posted...

True, but if it's as smooth as their last engine then I wont mind. I never really had a problem with these CoDs engines, so hopefully they can make it as smooth as their last one.

Honestly I think BO 2 set the bar for how CoD games should be done.

We could use things like better animations, graphical detail, maybe some form of environmental destruction (this is a maybe because I'm not sure how it would affect gameplay), stuff like that.

That's the kind of stuff I'd love to see. Gameplay wise though its almost perfect already
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
3 years ago#5
DyingPancake posted...
zerooo0 posted...
richboy900 posted...

Honestly I think COD 4 set the bar for how CoD games should be done.

ftfy
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
3 years ago#6
umm yeah...if they start messing with the engine it will be the beginning of the end...they need to just focus on graphics...

I'm not a fan of cod...but there is a certain rhythm to combat...you can destroy that with extra animations...and the whole game will be off
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q

User Info: QuBix

QuBix
3 years ago#7
Lol at Ghosts having a new engine.... It's still the old Quake engine but beefed up just like every COD before it. If it's new however, I want 60fps to be back, more animation, realistic materials, and some type of environment destruction. A better lighting system for online play is also needed, the particle effects however are fine but of course with next gen I want to see that increased.
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Call of Duty: Ghosts running on next-gen engine :Report(This gen related)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived