This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty: Ghosts running on next-gen engine :Report(This gen related)

#1zerooo0Posted 4/29/2013 2:28:01 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-running-on-next-gen-engine-report-6407643

Maybe they can do a cross gen engine thing kinda similar to Frostbite 3. Give us maybe their equivalent to Frostbite 2.5(Which I believe is what we are getting with BF4) But, it will be a nice new fresh coat of paint for a new engine. CoD really needs one.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#2richboy900Posted 4/29/2013 2:48:56 AM
I agree, its about time. But they'll probably stick with that engine for years.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:50:22 AM
richboy900 posted...

True, but if it's as smooth as their last engine then I wont mind. I never really had a problem with these CoDs engines, so hopefully they can make it as smooth as their last one.

If they can do enough minor tweaks like Black Ops 2 did then I'll be happy.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#4DyingPancakePosted 4/29/2013 4:47:16 AM
zerooo0 posted...
richboy900 posted...

True, but if it's as smooth as their last engine then I wont mind. I never really had a problem with these CoDs engines, so hopefully they can make it as smooth as their last one.

Honestly I think BO 2 set the bar for how CoD games should be done.

We could use things like better animations, graphical detail, maybe some form of environmental destruction (this is a maybe because I'm not sure how it would affect gameplay), stuff like that.

That's the kind of stuff I'd love to see. Gameplay wise though its almost perfect already
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#5fiasco86Posted 4/29/2013 7:54:52 AM
DyingPancake posted...
zerooo0 posted...
richboy900 posted...

Honestly I think COD 4 set the bar for how CoD games should be done.

ftfy
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#6MRL3G3NDPosted 4/29/2013 8:03:16 AM
umm yeah...if they start messing with the engine it will be the beginning of the end...they need to just focus on graphics...

I'm not a fan of cod...but there is a certain rhythm to combat...you can destroy that with extra animations...and the whole game will be off
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#7QuBixPosted 4/29/2013 9:06:45 AM
Lol at Ghosts having a new engine.... It's still the old Quake engine but beefed up just like every COD before it. If it's new however, I want 60fps to be back, more animation, realistic materials, and some type of environment destruction. A better lighting system for online play is also needed, the particle effects however are fine but of course with next gen I want to see that increased.
---
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix