This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Advertisement on Xbox Live.

#1Meta_BrawlerPosted 4/29/2013 8:23:50 AM
How do you feel about advertisement on Xbox Live? - Results (210 votes)
I hate nothing more, I shouldn't have to see advertisement for a service I pay for.
34.29% (72 votes)
I don't mind/care about advertisement
49.05% (103 votes)
There's advertisement? I never see it.
8.57% (18 votes)
I LOVE ADVERTISEMENT!!! it not only informs me about new games/products but also gets me excited!
8.1% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't mind it, but why is it such a problem for people? It's not like youtube or some websites that make you watch them, at least you have a choice.
---
Gtag: BDCxMasterLinkx
#2MurphysGhostPosted 4/29/2013 8:27:10 AM
It's never bothered me.

Maybe it's just my usage pattern, though. My Xbox is a game machine - I don't surf the net, or watch Netflix, or do anything else with it.

I put a disc in the tray and boot the game. The only time I do anything else is to grab a DLC or arcade title from the store. Advertisments have never interfered with me in any way.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#3nothingbeastPosted 4/29/2013 8:49:44 AM
Don't know about other people, but my 360 starts with the PLAY DISK icon already highlighted. Simple press of the A button seems to bypass any ads.

Also, any non-disk game seems able to be pinned. Which is one icon down from the PLAY DISK icon.

I assume most of the people making the complaint of "I pay for this service and don't want ads" must not pay for a lot of services in the world. Seems pretty ridiculous expecting MS to be the only exception to the rule.

Hell, I can't even get my Gas Bill without an ad for a thermostat company.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#4Insomaniac87Posted 4/29/2013 9:12:11 AM
Where is the "Not this topic again" option?
---
Gamertag: insomaniac87
#5GeistPosted 4/29/2013 9:15:53 AM
This will only end in an argument between non live users. They seem to be the only ones that really care.
---
Currently playing : Terraria
#6Arucard05Posted 4/29/2013 9:18:06 AM
It's not like youtube or some websites that make you watch them, at least you have a choice.

Learn to internet.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#7Badboy742Posted 4/29/2013 9:18:19 AM
Your gonna see even more of them on the next console so I hope you Xbots enjoy them.
#8RineN1Posted 4/29/2013 9:22:39 AM
Badboy742 posted...
Your gonna see even more of them on the next console so I hope you Xbots enjoy them.

Im pretty sure no one has ever seen the new dashboard so...yeah, right
Back on topic, it doesnt bother me. The ads wont play until i select them so issue fixed, at least here
The squares are pretty small anyway
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Every time I log in here I lose some of my faith in humanity
#9SunDevil77Posted 4/29/2013 9:27:15 AM
Badboy742 posted...

I banged your sister. She enjoyed it.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#10moneyman80Posted 4/29/2013 9:51:13 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Badboy742 posted...

I banged your sister. She enjoyed it.

But did she have advertisements any place?
---
Not changing my sig until the New Jersey Devils win their fourth Stanley Cup. Started 5/13/11