This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone Else Getting Kind of Zombie'd Out??

#1BBBanks03Posted 4/29/2013 12:48:16 PM
I never thought I’d find myself saying this just a few short years ago, but I’m getting pretty damn tired of zombie games already. Seriously, how many more do we need?? It seems like they just keep churning out one after another and people still just keep scooping ‘em up. I might get hated on for this, but it feels like we hit the point of over-saturation of zombie games a while ago and people are just buying them like it’s some instinctual response (brainzzzz!)

Some guy posted an IGN article about a game called “Hellraid” and after checking it out, I said, “Oh, hey, it’s Dead Island with medieval weapons.” It just seems like a lot of developers are taking any proven (or not so proven) idea, concept, genre, or style of game, adding in zombies and throwing it out the door thinking “it’s got zombies, it’ll sell!” I don’t mind zombies at all, but it just seems to me like they’re often just being used as a go-to gimmick attached to an otherwise lazy design, and no one else seems to care.

I'm all for new zombie games if they can manage to churn out something new and fresh, but honestly I don't see anything on the horizon that I would categorize that way. Anyone else up for something new?
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/29/2013 12:51:36 PM(edited)
Dead Rising 3? I'll take it. Left 4 Dead 3? I'll take it. Undead Nightmare-like DLC for GTA V? Gimme!

Other than that...none of em appeal to me anymore.

I want dinosaurs.
Or giant monsters (ala War of the Monsters/Godzilla)

I am looking forward to State of Decay, come to think of it. But moreso for the survival aspect.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#3nothingbeastPosted 4/29/2013 12:51:41 PM
Used to see the same thing said about WWII FPS games.

As long as people buy them, they'll keep makin' em.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#4SoincMetalPosted 4/29/2013 12:53:21 PM
Hopefully BF4 will have Dino mode, dice keeps trolling us. Dino dog tags lmao.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5pothocketPosted 4/29/2013 12:54:41 PM
Nope, and don't be surprised if the stand alone release of DayZ makes its way to consoles and becomes a "thing".
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6nothingbeastPosted 4/29/2013 12:55:37 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Dead Rising 3? I'll take it.

Same here. I enjoy this series.

Plus i'm really anxious to see what happens following the events of DR2: Case West.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#7pothocketPosted 4/29/2013 12:57:09 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

I want dinosaurs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/?snr=1_7_15__13
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/?snr=1_7_15__13
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8glassghost0Posted 4/29/2013 12:57:28 PM
There really isn't that many zombie games or zombie dlc
---
No Thanks
#9BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 12:58:17 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Dead Rising 3? I'll take it. Left 4 Dead 3? I'll take it. Undead Nightmare-like DLC for GTA V? Gimme!

Other than that...none of em appeal to me anymore.

I want dinosaurs.

I am looking forward to State of Decay, come to think of it. But moreso for the survival aspect.

The way things are these days, I think the closest your going to get would be zombie dinosaurs. Although I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that does sound pretty awesome. That would be the closest to a “fresh” and “original” zombie game concept we’d likely see these days.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#10SunDevil77Posted 4/29/2013 1:03:46 PM
pothocket posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I want dinosaurs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/?snr=1_7_15__13
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/?snr=1_7_15__13

Meh. I'm talkin like a big game. I want a dinosaur game that has hype around it. Like...I don't want to say AAA game, but ya know, it'd be so refreshing to see a dino game get mass praise/appeal.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.