This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone Else Getting Kind of Zombie'd Out??

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone Else Getting Kind of Zombie'd Out??
2 years ago#11
yea 5 years ago.. now it just makes me vomit..

I made a thread here that reached over 300.. was something to do with TWD and society's infatuation with zombies.. Game wasnt even close to GOTY and I like games like it and Heavy Rain..
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
2 years ago#12
SunDevil77 posted...
pothocket posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I want dinosaurs.
Or giant monsters (ala War of the Monsters/Godzilla)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/?snr=1_7_15__13
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/?snr=1_7_15__13

Meh. I'm talkin like a big game. I want a dinosaur game that has hype around it. Like...I don't want to say AAA game, but ya know, it'd be so refreshing to see a dino game get mass praise/appeal.

Yeah, it would. But I consider this indie game stuff to be a kind of forshadowing to what the big studios will slowly shift their attention towards next generation.

I have faith that the AAA dino games are just over the horizon.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
2 years ago#13
I was Zombie'd out since before RDR Undead Nightmare came out (although admittedly I did enjoy it in spite of the zombies). Everything on TV, Movies, and Games is zombie related nowawdays. I never liked it, but I didn't mind it until a couple years ago when it just got to be insane. I'm surprised this fad lasted as long as it has, but hopefully it'll be over soon.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
2 years ago#14
SunDevil77 posted...
pothocket posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I want dinosaurs.
Or giant monsters (ala War of the Monsters/Godzilla)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/?snr=1_7_15__13
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/?snr=1_7_15__13

Meh. I'm talkin like a big game. I want a dinosaur game that has hype around it. Like...I don't want to say AAA game, but ya know, it'd be so refreshing to see a dino game get mass praise/appeal.

I personally would love to see game where you spend the entire time riding on a triceratops wearing a viking helmet, while it smashes tanks and houses and runs over cyborg pirates, all the while you’re shooting ray guns at helicopters and fighter pilots. You also have a grappling hook that you can use to latch onto to paratroopers, punch them in the face, and grapple back over to your dinosaur. Then about halfway through the game you are betrayed by your best friend who is working for the Coalition of Anti-Dinosaurs and kills your triceratops, creating the most shocking character death since Aeris in Final Fantasy 7. But then in your mouring, the leader of the rebelling dinos, T-Wrecks, offers you his saddle in assistance to take down the evil betrayors, and you finish the last few levels riding T-Wrecks, stomping on pirates and eating enemy soldiers to recharge his shoulder-nukes.

I’m not kidding. I really hope they make this game.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
2 years ago#15
BBBanks03 posted...
I never thought I’d find myself saying this just a few short years ago, but I’m getting pretty damn tired of zombie games already. Seriously, how many more do we need?? It seems like they just keep churning out one after another and people still just keep scooping ‘em up. I might get hated on for this, but it feels like we hit the point of over-saturation of zombie games a while ago and people are just buying them like it’s some instinctual response (brainzzzz!)

Some guy posted an IGN article about a game called “Hellraid” and after checking it out, I said, “Oh, hey, it’s Dead Island with medieval weapons.” It just seems like a lot of developers are taking any proven (or not so proven) idea, concept, genre, or style of game, adding in zombies and throwing it out the door thinking “it’s got zombies, it’ll sell!” I don’t mind zombies at all, but it just seems to me like they’re often just being used as a go-to gimmick attached to an otherwise lazy design, and no one else seems to care.

I'm all for new zombie games if they can manage to churn out something new and fresh, but honestly I don't see anything on the horizon that I would categorize that way. Anyone else up for something new?

I am tired of the same zombie games....that is basically all we get each time. I think everyone is still hungering for that survival horror zombie game that encompasses true survival...I definitely think it is around the corner however with State of Decay...finally something to make use feel satisfied...you should give it a look TC. I like you was tired of what was offered as zombie games until i saw this
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
2 years ago#16
For me zombie entertainment reached its peak with Michael Jackson's Thriller.
2 years ago#17
I'll take as many as I can get. I love zombies, but I certainly do not love every zombie game that comes out, in fact I think I dislike most of them.

My fav ones are still the RE series and even Racoon City.

I dont like:
Dead Rising
Dead Island or Riptide
COD Zombies
RDR Zombies

I never really played Left for Dead because I didnt have live back when they came out and now Im not really sure if they are active enough to bother.

Havent tried Walking Dead Game yet either but it seems cool.

Im sure theres a few other zombie games out there I cant remember but I dont got em.
2 years ago#18
Nope, still love them!
---
Currently playing : Terraria
2 years ago#19
foodeater4 posted...
I never really played Left for Dead because I didnt have live back when they came out and now Im not really sure if they are active enough to bother.

I haven't played it in a while, but that series has a pretty damn strong following, I wouldn't be surprised if there was still quite the online community. You might dig it, it wasn't for me. Basically the game for me was: walk forward, shoot zombies, walk forward some more, shoot some more zombies, special zombie or two, rinse, repeat. I dunno, a lot of people loved it. I find it terribly 'meh.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
2 years ago#20
Nope. Impossible for me to get tired of something I hardly play. Only zombie games I've played in recent memory are L4D and The Walking Dead, and the latter hardly counts since zombies are anything but the main focus.

I really don't understand this recent trend in whining about zombie games, 'cause if they aren't what you'd like to play, simply avoid them. Though, I will say that I'd welcome a dinosaur and/or robot surge!
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone Else Getting Kind of Zombie'd Out??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived