This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

(POLL) What is the WORST online community you've ever seen in your life?

#171UmitenchoPosted 4/30/2013 7:14:41 PM
IIICE_COLD posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Dark Souls.

Seriously? I actually heard that community was great, and that people volunteerily bow as a courtesy before matches in many cases...

The vitrol comes into play whenever someone uploads a video of their game and it isn't master play, or the person gets assistance from other players.

DSP is getting mashed by the community because he isn't prescribing to how they want everyone to play, by their rules only.
#172LegitWickedPosted 4/30/2013 7:41:01 PM
Diablo III
#173TheMuffinPosted 4/30/2013 7:42:52 PM
Sitting in a party chat playing Bioshock with everyone else playing COD, from personal experience I say COD.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#174googlerPosted 4/30/2013 8:00:00 PM
I would say World at War for the hacking and Kane & Lynch 1 & 2 because of lag switchers and racists (who were black, oddly), not to mention a-holes that were ruining games just so that they could hog the leader boards and "sell" the 0-pt achievements
#175BlantonitePosted 4/30/2013 8:09:16 PM
Geist posted...
Gamefaqs would be my choice.

Winrar
---
Live Action
#176imthestuntmanPosted 4/30/2013 8:19:51 PM
Three worst:

Dark souls- heavily elitest about it being the greatest rpg ever and all other modern ones are vastly inferior.

Mass effect 3- biggest bunch of whining, crying, stupid, gamers i have ever encountered. They arent quite as bad now, but a year ago? Yeah they for a brief time were the worst by leaps and bounds.

Call of duty- do i even need to explain this.

So worst mainstream fans- call of duty

Worst bad game fans- dark souls

Worst fans for a short period of time- mass effect 3.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#177gamertylersPosted 4/30/2013 8:23:52 PM
LegitWicked posted...
Diablo III

Diablo 2

So many elitists. "my weapon is 1% higher than yours, you're a noob"
That being said, I've also met some pretty chill people while playing. It kinda goes both ways.
#178NinjaPirateDoodPosted 4/30/2013 8:35:32 PM
GameFAQs, because having an opinion makes you an idiot, a fanboy, a troll, or a combination of those.
---
"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu
#179savagechild89Posted 4/30/2013 8:43:08 PM
halo was pretty bad in its prime. call of duty was pretty bad last time i played it. but id feel wrong without mention WoW. in the 7+ years ive played that game....holy crap there are some TERRIBLE people in that community.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#180Shin_GallonPosted 4/30/2013 8:55:04 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Shin_Gallon posted...
Xbox Live in general, really. I never had a good experience on it at all unless it was with friends I know iRL, and I finally just quit having a Gold account because the community was so **** that I gave up online play on the system.

Really...? XBL is the only online community I can stand.
PSN and Steam? For the most part...f dat s

Steam is far and away the best online community I've spent any time in. Mostly because of the TF2 community, I've met some people in that game that I consider good friends now after playing together for years. PSN I only play online with friends, simply because I've just never enjoyed online with consoles pretty much ever.