This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This disc's region code does not match this console

#11gumbyxcore99Posted 5/7/2013 8:37:51 PM
Renamon posted...
lol i misread the topic title as religion code

this game's beliefs do not match this console
---
iller than phil schiller
#12Illuminatia(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 4:09:59 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Illuminatia posted...
Yeah, Dishonored, on an old original model 360, and it worked. But it's not as if I can use that console whenever I want, and I don't understand why it's not working on mine. Like I said, all PAL games, all work fine, just these two new ones that won't. >_<

either contact ms or take it back from where you bought it...problem solved.

Problem not solved. Contacting MS does nothing, it never really has, most times I know more about the issue than they do. I've been going round and round with them for about a month about this issue and they still have no clue what the problem is, so that's why I came here. Users typically know more than MS employees, for whatever reason.

I took the game back and exchanged it for another copy, just to test it, and it still doesn't work. Also, no mention of 50hz in my console, so I guess it is NTSC. However, everything from MS and the internet philosophers is all "NTSC playing PAL is impossibru, you stupid", when that is CLEARLY not the case, as I have many, many games that are "PAL console-exclusive" on the disc case.
---
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
#13GGearXPosted 5/9/2013 4:13:29 PM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
Renamon posted...
lol i misread the topic title as religion code

this game's beliefs do not match this console

Hahaha. Awesome.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#14HakuPosted 5/9/2013 4:22:07 PM(edited)
Illuminatia posted...

I took the game back and exchanged it for another copy, just to test it, and it still doesn't work. Also, no mention of 50hz in my console, so I guess it is NTSC. However, everything from MS and the internet philosophers is all "NTSC playing PAL is impossibru, you stupid", when that is CLEARLY not the case, as I have many, many games that are "PAL console-exclusive" on the disc case.

50Hz setting only shows up if you are using standard definition cables. Not saying it's not an NTSC console, just putting that info out there.

Also the setting is PAL-60 on or off. Rather than being labelled as 50Hz.
#15Lum_YatsuraPosted 5/9/2013 6:24:27 PM
Illuminatia posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Illuminatia posted...
Yeah, Dishonored, on an old original model 360, and it worked. But it's not as if I can use that console whenever I want, and I don't understand why it's not working on mine. Like I said, all PAL games, all work fine, just these two new ones that won't. >_<

either contact ms or take it back from where you bought it...problem solved.

Problem not solved. Contacting MS does nothing, it never really has, most times I know more about the issue than they do. I've been going round and round with them for about a month about this issue and they still have no clue what the problem is, so that's why I came here. Users typically know more than MS employees, for whatever reason.

That's normal. Most games don't specify accurate what regions they support.
Have you ever seen a game openly advertise region free on the disc case?
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#16Banana_ManaPosted 5/10/2013 1:10:44 AM
There are a bunch of region-free games... None of these openly state they are region-free.

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

As you can see Dishonored is not one of them.

Seems that you have an NTSC console... I had one (from Korea) and it would play many PAL games... But as that list shows, not all.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#17Lum_YatsuraPosted 5/10/2013 7:07:24 AM
Yeah similar thing basically happened to Genesis (Megadrive) years ago.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!