This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Master Chief vs Doomguy in Hand-to-Hand combat

#1fiasco86Posted 4/30/2013 12:46:33 PM
So I just showed my friend this video about a battle between Master Chief and Doomguy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_MFauHzdo

He disagreed with the result, so I asked him how Doomguy would kill MC. He said Doomguy could punch MC to death. So my question to is, in hand-to-hand combat, who would win between doomguy and MC?

For reference here is a wiki article about Spartan II's augmentations. The Results section is very informative.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures

I couldn't find a decent reference for doomguy's strength/hand-to-hand combat abilities, but if anyone finds one, post it and I'll edit the OP.

If you don't have a decent knowledge of either of the characters, please do a little research before you comment.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#2SoincMetalPosted 4/30/2013 12:47:34 PM
MC he's super human..............
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#3SunDevil77Posted 4/30/2013 12:48:47 PM
Master Chief is a genetically enhanced superhero

Doomguy is...a guy.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#4That1GuyyPosted 4/30/2013 12:56:12 PM
With the berserk pack, Doomguy is capable of gibbing humans and lesser demons in a single punch. He's also capable of punching demons as big as hunters to death in as few as ten punches.

Without the berserk pack it takes several strikes to kill even the weakest of foes, putting him far below the Chief's strength.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#5Robin_MaskPosted 4/30/2013 12:58:45 PM
That1Guyy posted...
With the berserk pack, Doomguy is capable of gibbing humans and lesser demons in a single punch. He's also capable of punching demons as big as hunters to death in as few as ten punches.

Without the berserk pack it takes several strikes to kill even the weakest of foes, putting him far below the Chief's strength.

This.

Along with Chief's armor being beyond broken in defense and offense.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#6TrickyPonyPosted 4/30/2013 12:59:34 PM
Doomguy would get flattened by MC without his Mjolnir armor. MC's reflexes are 1/6th that of a peak ODST, 2 meters tall, he weighs close to 130 kilo (just under 300 pounds) and has near unbreakable bones. Doomguy's punches would be in slow motion - no chance
#7fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:00:06 PM
That1Guyy posted...

That's my impression as well. If you consider MC in Halo lore, he's been able to kill Elites and Hunters in hand to hand combat. That seems much more impressive than anything I've seen Doomguy do.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#8Kojima_FanPosted 4/30/2013 1:08:30 PM
fiasco86 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

That's my impression as well. If you consider MC in Halo lore, he's been able to kill Elites and Hunters in hand to hand combat. That seems much more impressive than anything I've seen Doomguy do.

Cyberdemon.
---
MGO(2) Name: epidemic | Clan: (Q) [retired]
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire(360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(3DS)
#9SunDevil77Posted 4/30/2013 1:09:13 PM
Kojima_Fan posted...
fiasco86 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

Cyberdemon.

Hand to hand combat.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#10That1GuyyPosted 4/30/2013 1:11:16 PM
Doomguy's advantage is in his weapons. The BFG is one of the most overpowered weapons in video game existence, and the rocket launcher is capable of continuously firing nearly two rockets every second as long as the Doomguy has ammo.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.