This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Master Chief vs Doomguy in Hand-to-Hand combat

#31TheBlueStigPosted 5/1/2013 8:43:41 AM
That1Guyy posted...
The Chief wouldn't have been able to deflect the rocket if he still needed to dodge other incoming fire. Or if he didn't have Cortana.

Read the books, he doesn't need Cortana to have hyper-fast genetically engineered and enhanced reaction times.

Doomguy would never be able to land a punch.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#32fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:54:56 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
That1Guyy posted...
The Chief wouldn't have been able to deflect the rocket if he still needed to dodge other incoming fire. Or if he didn't have Cortana.

Read the books, he doesn't need Cortana to have hyper-fast genetically engineered and enhanced reaction times.

Cortana did help him calculate when to move his hand, but his reaction speed alone is definitely enough to dodge a punch. Plus, if we're allowing Doomguy to have Berserk mode, Chief should get Cortana.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#33TheBlueStigPosted 5/1/2013 9:06:30 AM
fiasco86 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
That1Guyy posted...

Cortana did help him calculate when to move his hand, but his reaction speed alone is definitely enough to dodge a punch. Plus, if we're allowing Doomguy to have Berserk mode, Chief should get Cortana.

He didn't have Cortana through any of his training and genetic alterations, she wasn't implanted onto that chip in his head until the events in Halo 1.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#34fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:12:16 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
fiasco86 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
That1Guyy posted...

He didn't have Cortana through any of his training and genetic alterations, she wasn't implanted onto that chip in his head until the events in Halo 1.

No, she was on-board his armor suite when he did that obstacle course. The purpose was to test the integration of MJOLNIR with AI.

“Now!” Cortana said.
They moved together. He shifted his muscles and the MJOLNIR—augmented by his link to Cortana—
moved faster than he’d ever moved before. His leg tensed and pushed him aside; his left arm came up
and crossed his chest.
The head of the missile was the only thing he saw. The air grew still and thickened.
He continued to move his hand, palm open in a slapping motion—as fast as he could will his flesh to
accelerate.
The tip of the Scorpion missile passed a centimeter from his head.
He reached out—fingertips brushed the metal casing—
—and slapped it aside.
The SkyHawk jet screamed over his head.
The Scorpion missile detonated.
Pressure slammed though his body. The Master Chief flew six meters, spinning end over end, and
landed flat on his back.

FoR pg 242
---
#35Killah PriestPosted 5/1/2013 9:15:10 AM
Doomguy would obliterate sissy chief.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#36ponderingcowPosted 5/1/2013 9:19:11 AM
I am going with the doomguy he has had to fight tougher enemies and always comes out on top
#37fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:27:21 AM
ponderingcow posted...
I am going with the doomguy he has had to fight tougher enemies and always comes out on top

I keep hearing this, but I just don't buy it. Doom's enemies can tank and deal out a lot of damage, but they're dumb. Halo's enemies are intelligent and use actual tactics. They also have vehicles.
---
#38knightimexPosted 5/1/2013 10:06:18 AM
Chief has a glass jaw, remove that shield and chief is weaker than doomguy.

So if chief get his lore does doomguy get hit invincibility orb etc?
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#39knightimexPosted 5/1/2013 10:08:32 AM
fiasco86 posted...
ponderingcow posted...

I keep hearing this, but I just don't buy it. Doom's enemies can tank and deal out a lot of damage, but they're dumb. Halo's enemies are intelligent and use actual tactics. They also have vehicles.

Doom enemies become super deadly when there's a massive amount at a time of different types.
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#40fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 10:10:00 AM
knightimex posted...
Chief has a glass jaw, remove that shield and chief is weaker than doomguy.

So if chief get his lore does doomguy get hit invincibility orb etc?

Well that wouldn't exactly be fair, would it?
---