This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gearbox and SEGA Sued Over Aliens: Colonial Marines

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Gearbox and SEGA Sued Over Aliens: Colonial Marines
2 years ago#71
SparkItUp posted...
GGearX posted...
Good. They deserve it for making that crap. Why is the prerelease way better looking than the final product? That's just awkward and weird, to see that. Makes me want to know how that could've happened. Did they scrap the entire game and rebuilt it? The mysteries of the game industry.

essentially yes...TimeGate basically rebuilt everything that Gearbox gave them under the direction of Gearbox.

Why? Was it licensing or something in the game that made them change everything? Looked at the trailer again ( The old one) and man it looked soo much better.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
2 years ago#72
Jamanjax posted...
Arucard05 posted...
This **** is ridiculous.

That. Take some damn responsibility for yourselves. We all buy a game that turns out to be crap once in awhile. You trade it in and move on.

So if you order a steak in a restaurant, and they come out with a cooked pile of **** that is not false advertising?

No. They never told me it'd be some mindblowing meal, or even an average one.

never watched any of their pre-release interviews?
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
2 years ago#73
Jamanjax posted...
Unless yo collect Limited Editions and wanna make sure to secure one.

Within the last few months, I've bought the following limited/collector's editions:

Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Bioshock: Infinite
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Soul Calibur V
Tomb Raider

Even the most recent two weren't bought on release day, or even the same week they launched, and I paid nowhere close to full price for any of them. Gamestop and Wal-Mart aren't your only options. ;)

Yes, a lot of Limited Editions don't go rare at all, but some do, a few examples..

Bioshock Infinite
Tales of Xillia
Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition

All these sold out long before the game came out. Some people like to be safe and pick up a LE day 1, that's my point, and combined with day 1 preorder DLC to rope in day 1 buyers, these companies have a responsibility to NOT LIE about what product they are putting out. Anyone who disagrees with this is anti consumer, and deserves no respect.
2 years ago#74
GGearX posted...
SparkItUp posted...
GGearX posted...
Good. They deserve it for making that crap. Why is the prerelease way better looking than the final product? That's just awkward and weird, to see that. Makes me want to know how that could've happened. Did they scrap the entire game and rebuilt it? The mysteries of the game industry.

essentially yes...TimeGate basically rebuilt everything that Gearbox gave them under the direction of Gearbox.

Why? Was it licensing or something in the game that made them change everything? Looked at the trailer again ( The old one) and man it looked soo much better.

It's honestly very vague as to why and it depends on which company you are asking. If you asked Sega, Gearbox & TimeGate , you would get 3 completely different answers..What it comes down to me is, Gearbox failed to manage its development, regardless of who did the work. They were hired to do so by Sega and failed to do so and to me, the blame lays squarely on Gearbox. There is also a lot of speculation that funds may have been shifted around by Gearbox for Borderlands 2, that was paid by Sega and supposed to be spent on Aliens: CM. At the very least, even if that is not true, it is clear that Gearbox couldn't handle duel responsibility of having both games in development & releasing. Again, that is incompetence on Gearbox as far as management of their personnel & resources.

Sega tried working with Gearbox as far as the development time & release, but Gearbox kept asking for more delays to the point where Sega couldn't give them another delay because they were in deep enough as it was financially. It got to the point where I think Sega was just ready to cut ties and cut their losses and they forced Gearbox to get the game out.
---
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
2 years ago#75
MGS5PhantomPain posted...
Jamanjax posted...

Within the last few months, I've bought the following limited/collector's editions:

Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Soul Calibur V
Tomb Raider

Even the most recent two weren't bought on release day, or even the same week they launched, and I paid nowhere close to full price for any of them. Gamestop and Wal-Mart aren't your only options. ;)

Yes, a lot of Limited Editions don't go rare at all, but some do, a few examples..

Bioshock Infinite
Tales of Xillia

All these sold out long before the game came out. Some people like to be safe and pick up a LE day 1, that's my point, and combined with day 1 preorder DLC to rope in day 1 buyers, these companies have a responsibility to NOT LIE about what product they are putting out. Anyone who disagrees with this is anti consumer, and deserves no respect.

Again preorder the game, wait for the review, if the review sucks cancel the preorder, if the review doesn't suck then go to the place you preordered and buy it. Most places I've preordered at will in fact hold your preorder until you want to buy it or cancel. This includes the preorder bonuses. I've actually seen one or two places have a preorder on hold for weeks if not months past the release date.
---
I think, therefore I don't care.
2 years ago#76
lostnumberwar posted...
MGS5PhantomPain posted...
Jamanjax posted...

Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Soul Calibur V
Tomb Raider

Bioshock Infinite
Tales of Xillia

Again preorder the game, wait for the review, if the review sucks cancel the preorder, if the review doesn't suck then go to the place you preordered and buy it. Most places I've preordered at will in fact hold your preorder until you want to buy it or cancel. This includes the preorder bonuses. I've actually seen one or two places have a preorder on hold for weeks if not months past the release date.

Gamestop only holds preorders for 2 days, amazon ships immediately, those are my two main retailers so no you can't wait if you dont wanna risk losing out on a rare LE. This is why companies need to be truthful about what product they are selling. Bottom line.
2 years ago#77
Jamanjax posted...

Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Soul Calibur V
Tomb Raider

Bioshock Infinite
Tales of Xillia

You're starting to sound like mitch with his pro-story bull****. "If you don't agree with blahblahblah, you're blahblahblah".

Retailer's don't take your pre-order DLC away just because you don't pick the game up on day one, and you'll always be able to find a collector's edition if you want it. A few days of waiting to see the general reception isn't going to kill you, and if you're too impatient to wait that isn't my fault, nor that of the dev's.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
2 years ago#78
Jamanjax posted...
Jamanjax posted...

Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Soul Calibur V
Tomb Raider

Bioshock Infinite
Tales of Xillia

You're starting to sound like mitch with his pro-story bull****. "If you don't agree with blahblahblah, you're blahblahblah".

Retailer's don't take your pre-order DLC away just because you don't pick the game up on day one, and you'll always be able to find a collector's edition if you want it. A few days of waiting to see the general reception isn't going to kill you, and if you're too impatient to wait that isn't my fault, nor that of the dev's.

To be fair, he is right (kinda sorta) some collector's editions are very very rare...Good examples are the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition and the Prince of Persia Ultra...there are only a 1000 copies of each and they were only available on their respective websites. But you are also right...the vast majority can be got for about 30-60(max) a little after...although I remember the batman (that shaped like a batarang) selling for 30$ for the longest time, now you can't touch if for less than 120$.
---
2 years ago#79
To be fair, he is right (kinda sorta) some collector's editions are very very rare...Good examples are the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition and the Prince of Persia Ultra...there are only a 1000 copies of each and they were only available on their respective websites. But you are also right...the vast majority can be got for about 30-60(max) a little after...although I remember the batman (that shaped like a batarang) selling for 30$ for the longest time, now you can't touch if for less than 120$.

Yeah, I mean there are always going to be a few exceptions, and it's usually pretty clear when those limited editions are actually going to be, well, limited. Lol

Real shame about the Arkham Asylum LE, too. I'd love to to have that one.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
2 years ago#80
Jamanjax posted...
Jamanjax posted...

Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Soul Calibur V
Tomb Raider

Bioshock Infinite
Tales of Xillia

Find me a copy of Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition for PS3, which isn't out yet, for preorder.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Gearbox and SEGA Sued Over Aliens: Colonial Marines

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived