This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting my girlfriend an xbox for her birthday. Borderlands 2 or Skyrim?

#11Hucast9Posted 4/30/2013 8:45:19 PM
Tentanman posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Tentanman posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Get her something with a woman character like Bayonetta.

I considered bayonetta actually, but i think she'd get bored of it. She's not really into fighting games much and the action combat system would go right over her head.

Chicks want to roeplay a girl like Bayonetta. You're making a mistake. Also, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I really thought about final fantasy too. She liked the demo for XIII-2 and the art is great. Its also pretty cheap. Thats a pretty solid recommendation man. Unfortunately i bought her final fantasy 6 one day and she has never ever played it lol

I remember back in 2008 I got a former girlfriend a brand new Xbox 360 and Lost Odyssey.
#12Hucast9Posted 4/30/2013 8:55:12 PM
Also the entire Mass Effect series so she can play as Femshep. You might want to get a couple of games like FF XIII or Bayonetta first, then Mass Effect at a later time.
#13AncestralZeroPosted 4/30/2013 8:59:12 PM
Borderlands, she wanted it enough to buy it over skyrim.
---
FC 5071 3611 7324 Mickey
CLONING/RC'ing------2580 4177 3237 http://tinyurl.com/AncestralZero ----shiny's and events.
#14hak145Posted 4/30/2013 9:01:35 PM
get her dark souls.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#15CourtofOwlsPosted 4/30/2013 9:19:33 PM
chicks dig skyrim
one of the better modders is actually female
#16HughJorgennPosted 4/30/2013 9:34:16 PM(edited)
Skyrim on the Borderlands twice.
#17TheAnalogKid06Posted 4/30/2013 9:36:14 PM
hak145 posted...
get her dark souls.

This lol.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
Can't wait to play: Last of Us, Watch Dogs, GTA V, Killer is Dead, Dark Souls 2, A Link to the Past 2, MGS V, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
#18FocianPosted 5/1/2013 4:56:33 AM
Buy MSFT Points and spend a couple of hours on some XBLA games.

Don't try and force what you (or the community) like onto her, instead, let her try the trials and see what she likes.

Also, get her to try Plants vs Zombies and Peggle, always a winner.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#19ILikesCheesePosted 5/1/2013 5:15:49 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Chicks want to roleplay a girl like Bayonetta. You're making a mistake. Also, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

You know NOTHING Hucast 9. About women.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#20Smokescreened84Posted 5/1/2013 5:35:25 AM
Hmm, does she like shooters? If so then she might like Borderlands 2, it allows for playing as female - very rare for shooters, or games in general to allow such a thing, usually it's some generic male lead only nonsense.

Skyrim is likely the better choice though, it has character creation, she can play as female instead of the usual bland generic male and it can last awhile, the DLC adds a lot more to the game as well.
And since it's single player only then she wouldn't have to put up with any sexist trolls who can't stand the thought of a female playing video games.
---
Desire nothing to receive only what you need