This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's be real: GTA IV best game on Xbox 360?

#11metroidman92Posted 5/1/2013 4:51:20 PM
Saint's Row 2 was way better, and I wouldn't put SR2 on that high of a pedestal.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!
#12LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:16:08 PM
metroidman92 posted...
Saint's Row 2 was way better, and I wouldn't put SR2 on that high of a pedestal.

SR 2 is more of the chaotic kind of fun GTA use to be but I still feel like GTA IV is on a whole new level. The gameplay is just too great in that game I have played it for hours. If the shooting in V is anything like Max Payne 3 then I will be in gaming heaven.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#13Perfect LightPosted 5/1/2013 5:18:11 PM
GTA IV has been my favorite game of all time since its release. I'm sure GTA V will finally dethrone it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#14kungfuj0Posted 5/1/2013 5:28:14 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Minute per minute to hour to hour GTA IV has the best gameplay available right now, no debating.

I might have been with you on this had you phrased it differently.

From a purely technical standpoint, given all that it does, GTAIV is most certainly one of the best games on 360. That really can't be debated. However, you said "has the best gameplay", and that part right there is what kills it for you. All 3 of the Saint's Row games had better gameplay than GTAIV. They may or may not (depending on your preference) have been better all-around games, but they certainly had better gameplay, or at least just as good.

And that's not even counting other games from other genres. How can you or anyone even say that the gameplay in GTA is better than the gameplay in say a game like Forza? How can you even compare that? Forza's driving is obviously better than GTA's, and since you didn't limit this to same-genre only, you left yourself wide open for stuff like this. I could bring up stuff like flying and games like Ace Combat, or shooting and games like Gears of War, etc etc etc.

Bottom line: GTAIV was a great game that did a lot of things well. It has its issues (bad characters IMO just to name one), but the issues that it has are not enough to hurt its greatness overall. In short, I guess I'd say that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It wasn't my favorite GTA (SA was), but it was an awesome (but flawed) game in its own right.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#15DBN_StealthPosted 5/1/2013 5:33:08 PM
blue dragon