This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a gamer, what is your biggest gaming pet-peeve?

#1gadragodPosted 5/1/2013 3:46:15 PM
As a a gun fan in reality, for me, when a game has guns (95% of the industry), but the devs don't pay extra, technical attention to the guns, it kinda bothers me. For instance, when reloading, the character automatically clears the chamber, wasting a round. Or after firing 100 rounds and finding not a single shell or magazine cartridge because they disappeared (Mafia and Max Payne got this right 10 years ago, what happened?).

It's not enough to make me put down the game, I probably wouldn't be able to be a gamer if it did, but it's just enough to make me notice, pulling me out of the game for a second.

What's yours?
#2stapler87Posted 5/1/2013 3:48:31 PM
If I can customize my appearance, it damn well better show up in the cutscenes. I don't mind prerendered stuff, but my character shouldn't be showing up in his default clothing.

I'm looking at you Force Unleashed... fixed it a bit with the second one though. More in-game cutscenes.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#3DieMyBridePosted 5/1/2013 3:50:44 PM
Fanboys

But as far as games in general, Checkpoints/Saving. A lot of games have this problem that it's not challenge but frustration. I hope more game devs fully use checkpoints or better saving systems.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#4SheepinatorPosted 5/1/2013 3:52:14 PM
Shooters that have basically the same AI as 10 years ago, i.e. "Spawn, run to pre-defined spot, start shooting at player", so that some times you can run past the guy while he is still heading to his spot, completely oblivious to you until then.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5tomcatobitricePosted 5/1/2013 3:57:02 PM
Y for RELOAD!!! F*** OFF Dead island

And games with no fully customizable controls
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#6GGearXPosted 5/1/2013 4:11:21 PM
Games with online passes
Capcom not making megaman,
Patches ,patches,patches ( Lookin at you Battlefield 3)
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#7Kyle1022Posted 5/1/2013 4:14:16 PM
Poorly done microtransactions.

No good microtransactions come to mind at the moment, but I can think of a ton of bad ones...
#8richboy900Posted 5/1/2013 4:38:14 PM
tomcatobitrice posted...
Y for RELOAD!!! F*** OFF Dead island

And games with no fully customizable controls

Yeah I agree with that. Like on the old games where you can't change the sensitivity whatsoever.
#9DarkStar643Posted 5/1/2013 4:40:00 PM
Female gamers that feel like they HAVE to tell me their gender.
---
Listen to Black Sabbath.
Favorite games of all time: Earthbound, Dark Souls, Megaman X, DKC 2, Starcraft 1/2, and Timesplitters 2
#10TheFeshPincePosted 5/1/2013 4:40:30 PM
No control customization is stupid. Also, pausing during cut scenes without skipping them... you know, sometimes I have s*** to do and need to get up, but I still want to be able to follow the story when I come back.