This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a gamer, what is your biggest gaming pet-peeve?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. As a gamer, what is your biggest gaming pet-peeve?

User Info: gadragod

gadragod
3 years ago#1
As a a gun fan in reality, for me, when a game has guns (95% of the industry), but the devs don't pay extra, technical attention to the guns, it kinda bothers me. For instance, when reloading, the character automatically clears the chamber, wasting a round. Or after firing 100 rounds and finding not a single shell or magazine cartridge because they disappeared (Mafia and Max Payne got this right 10 years ago, what happened?).

It's not enough to make me put down the game, I probably wouldn't be able to be a gamer if it did, but it's just enough to make me notice, pulling me out of the game for a second.

What's yours?

User Info: stapler87

stapler87
3 years ago#2
If I can customize my appearance, it damn well better show up in the cutscenes. I don't mind prerendered stuff, but my character shouldn't be showing up in his default clothing.

I'm looking at you Force Unleashed... fixed it a bit with the second one though. More in-game cutscenes.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin

User Info: DieMyBride

DieMyBride
3 years ago#3
Fanboys

But as far as games in general, Checkpoints/Saving. A lot of games have this problem that it's not challenge but frustration. I hope more game devs fully use checkpoints or better saving systems.
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
3 years ago#4
Shooters that have basically the same AI as 10 years ago, i.e. "Spawn, run to pre-defined spot, start shooting at player", so that some times you can run past the guy while he is still heading to his spot, completely oblivious to you until then.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: tomcatobitrice

tomcatobitrice
3 years ago#5
Y for RELOAD!!! F*** OFF Dead island

And games with no fully customizable controls
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
3 years ago#6
Games with online passes
Capcom not making megaman,
Patches ,patches,patches ( Lookin at you Battlefield 3)
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
3 years ago#7
Poorly done microtransactions.

No good microtransactions come to mind at the moment, but I can think of a ton of bad ones...

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
3 years ago#8
tomcatobitrice posted...
Y for RELOAD!!! F*** OFF Dead island

And games with no fully customizable controls

Yeah I agree with that. Like on the old games where you can't change the sensitivity whatsoever.

User Info: DarkStar643

DarkStar643
3 years ago#9
Female gamers that feel like they HAVE to tell me their gender.
Listen to Black Sabbath.
Favorite games of all time: Earthbound, Dark Souls, Megaman X, DKC 2, Starcraft 1/2, and Timesplitters 2

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 years ago#10
No control customization is stupid. Also, pausing during cut scenes without skipping them... you know, sometimes I have s*** to do and need to get up, but I still want to be able to follow the story when I come back.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. As a gamer, what is your biggest gaming pet-peeve?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived