This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sledgehammer Games not developing Call of Duty: Ghosts GREAT NEWS

#1zerooo0Posted 5/2/2013 3:21:35 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sledgehammer-games-not-developing-call-of-duty-ghosts-6407849

CoD Ghosts is being developed entirely in house at IW. Which is why I think MW3 got hurt so bad since it was developed from 3 different companies. Also the law suite hurt MW3 development probably.

Lets see if IW can learn from the feedback they got with MW3. I'm willing to give it a try.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#2Link43130Posted 5/2/2013 3:31:48 AM
how do we know that sledgehammer hasn't just sent anyone who worked on mw3 to work at infinity ward? surely iw would've needed to staff up after losing so many between mw2 and mw3 (which is why so many studios workd on it)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 3:48:31 AM
Link43130 posted...
how do we know that sledgehammer hasn't just sent anyone who worked on mw3 to work at infinity ward? surely iw would've needed to staff up after losing so many between mw2 and mw3 (which is why so many studios workd on it)

They probably hired the extra people they needed. Also Sledgehammer would have said something along those lines if that was the case, but they did not. So the game is entirely being developed from IW in house.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#4SparkItUpPosted 5/2/2013 4:40:02 AM
MW3 really wasn't that bad, but the problem is, what was bad was really bad...lol...

Map design (although..I did like most of the DLC), spawn system (something that never got fixed) & parts of the concept of support package (ie: way to easy to get things). If they could fix the last two, map design would only be a minor issue. Other than that, it was an enjoyable game, but still dragged it down drastically.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:45:44 AM
SparkItUp posted...
MW3 really wasn't that bad, but the problem is, what was bad was really bad...lol...

Map design (although..I did like most of the DLC), spawn system (something that never got fixed) & parts of the concept of support package (ie: way to easy to get things). If they could fix the last two, map design would only be a minor issue. Other than that, it was an enjoyable game, but still dragged it down drastically.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the map designing portion of the game was done by Raven. Which gives me even more reason to be excited for Ghost since those 2 wont be involved.
---
#6SparkItUpPosted 5/2/2013 5:06:33 AM
zerooo0 posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the map designing portion of the game was done by Raven. Which gives me even more reason to be excited for Ghost since those 2 wont be involved.

I don't know who did what to be honest...I'm not gonna say I do...but when push comes to shove, IW & Activision had final approval & oversight. I have hopes for it, don't get me wrong, but ever since BO, MW3 & now BOII...I've been left with the sense of wait & see instead of instant excitement...but as you said, I do have hope for it.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#7ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 5/2/2013 5:35:00 AM
SparkItUp posted...

Raven does dlc maps which is a shame because an awesome developer is reduced to making maps for such crappy games
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#8Banana_ManaPosted 5/2/2013 5:47:06 AM
I stayed in a law suite once, it was lavish.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#9KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/2/2013 5:59:02 AM
If you connect to games in the same way as MW2 I'm back, the COD games since then have been unbearable.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: A (PS3), Dragon Age: Origins (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#10DyingPancakePosted 5/2/2013 6:04:20 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
If you connect to games in the same way as MW2 I'm back, the COD games since then have been unbearable.

Have you played BO 2? It's easily the best since MW 2 and actually does almost everything better than MW 2.

IMO the only place MW 2 has it beat is the campaign (and thats just by an inch)
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2