This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming monitors to use Xbox 360 on??

#1eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 5/2/2013 12:20:42 PM
Want to sell on my 40" LED tv because to be honest it **** for gaming, everything on battlefield 3 is terrible, all the dark places look pitch black and light places are blinding now matter what picture settings i use.

So are there any good gaming monitors for 300??

Thanks.
---
Gamertag: One Called Rich
#2Killah PriestPosted 5/2/2013 12:24:34 PM
asus monitors are really great.

I got this 24" a few years ago for under $300 only 60hz tho.

VE245, don't think its avaliable anymore but they should have something comparable.

Probably going to upgrade to a larger asus soon with a better refresh rate.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:26:23 PM
Im looking at what i think is the latest monitor of theres but cant find a price.

https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG248QE/
---
#4Killah PriestPosted 5/2/2013 12:28:58 PM(edited)
that retails in the US for around 300 I think.
---
#5eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:51:51 PM
This will be genuine wont it off amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-VG248QE-inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B00B19T7QC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523867&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+VG248QE
---
#6Killah PriestPosted 5/2/2013 12:54:15 PM
looks good.

I should mention tho, thats a 3d supported monitor so you might be able to find the same thing minus 3d support for cheaper if thats something you want to look into.
---
#7eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:57:49 PM
Not too bothered if it has 3D, could be handy for the next gen consoles when they are out.
---
#8Killah PriestPosted 5/2/2013 1:00:13 PM
I agree, plus most 3d monitors are just better period too.
---
#9TheBlueStigPosted 5/2/2013 1:00:27 PM
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...
Want to sell on my 40" LED tv because to be honest it **** for gaming, everything on battlefield 3 is terrible, all the dark places look pitch black and light places are blinding now matter what picture settings i use.

Thanks.

That could be the HDMI Reference settings on the 360 doing that, not the TV itself. Set them to Standard, and NOT to Expanded like some recommend. Expanded causes super darks and overly bright areas in the same image.

Also google the best recommended image settings for your TV, most people leave the TV settings at default and that's usually a crappy picture setting.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:02:02 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...

Thanks.

That could be the HDMI Reference settings on the 360 doing that, not the TV itself. Set them to Standard, and NOT to Expanded like some recommend. Expanded causes super darks and overly bright areas in the same image.

Also google the best recommended image settings for your TV, most people leave the TV settings at default and that's usually a crappy picture setting.

I've done that, i literally tried everything but no luck, ill never be buying Toshiba again.

Gone back to my 27" LG LCD for now.
---