This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is / does CoD seem to be the game MS is the most proud of?

#1shnoob2Posted 5/2/2013 12:37:42 PM(edited)
Every E3, a CoD game is one of its primary foci and for the new Xbox reveal on May 21, CoD: Ghosts is the game they are boasting. Why? It's a multiplatform game, so why does MS treat it as if it wasn't available on all other systems?

The thought occurred to me that maybe they'd announce Ghosts as an Xbox exclusive, but logic cast that thought aside because Activision would cut their profits by billions in doing so.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#2Killah PriestPosted 5/2/2013 12:37:15 PM
dollar dollar bills.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3DemiFistPosted 5/2/2013 12:40:11 PM
For one... It sells better on 360
and... They got nothing else, lol.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#4AWarAmp84Posted 5/2/2013 12:42:20 PM
$$$$$$$
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#5itis41269Posted 5/2/2013 12:42:33 PM
Well its an FPS and the 360 has a bigger FPS player base than the Wii U and PS3
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
#6shnoob2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:49:42 PM(edited)
itis41269 posted...
Well its an FPS and the 360 has a bigger FPS player base than the Wii U and PS3

That's just it--Ghosts is obviously going to be on next-gen systems if it is being revealed with the new Xbox system. The new Xbox won't have a year head start as the 360 did before and gamers have no loyalty (hence the hefty amount of PS2 owners jumping ship to the 360 instead of holding out for the PS3).

The number of CoD players on the new Xbox is sure to be lessened and it probably won't be 'CoD Central' as it is on the 360. The player base for the franchise will likely become more dispersed with the PS4 and new Xbox launching in close proximity.

It just confuses me why they'd be boasting CoD: Ghosts as opposed to a new and exclusive Rareware game, ten years in the making (I wish).
---
#7SunDevil77Posted 5/2/2013 12:50:16 PM
shnoob2 posted...
It just confuses me why they'd be boasting CoD: Ghosts as opposed to a new and exclusive Rareware game, ten years in the making (I wish).

Show me where MS is boasting CoD, please.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.
#8shnoob2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:58:45 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
shnoob2 posted...

Home page of GameFAQs. MS boasting CoD or Activision boasting CoD for next-gen Xbox reveal = the same thing. There is obvious money being exchanged for the game to be revealed at MS's event.
---
#9art_of_the_killPosted 5/2/2013 12:59:56 PM
It's the best-selling franchise this gen, so MS wants to associate it with Xbox. Can't wait for the rehashed announcement at E3:

"As always, teh Callz o Dutee map paks come 1st on Xbawx three-sixty."
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#10SunDevil77Posted 5/2/2013 1:01:40 PM
shnoob2 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
shnoob2 posted...

Home page of GameFAQs. MS boasting CoD or Activision boasting CoD for next-gen Xbox reveal = the same thing. There is obvious money being exchanged for the game to be revealed at MS's event.

Or Activision sees the MS reveal as an opportunity to reach out to a large crowd and MS said "sure, why not"

Microsoft's ad says "A new generation, May 21st"
Not "New Generation AND New CoD!"
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.