This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is / does CoD seem to be the game MS is the most proud of?

#11glassghost0Posted 5/2/2013 1:04:09 PM
shnoob2 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
shnoob2 posted...
It just confuses me why they'd be boasting CoD: Ghosts as opposed to a new and exclusive Rareware game, ten years in the making (I wish).

Show me where MS is boasting CoD, please.

Home page of GameFAQs. MS boasting CoD or Activision boasting CoD for next-gen Xbox reveal = the same thing. There is obvious money being exchanged for the game to be revealed at MS's event.

Sorry you don't use adblock.
---
No Thanks
#12shnoob2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:06:47 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
shnoob2 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
shnoob2 posted...
It just confuses me why they'd be boasting CoD: Ghosts as opposed to a new and exclusive Rareware game, ten years in the making (I wish).

Show me where MS is boasting CoD, please.

Home page of GameFAQs. MS boasting CoD or Activision boasting CoD for next-gen Xbox reveal = the same thing. There is obvious money being exchanged for the game to be revealed at MS's event.

Or Activision sees the MS reveal as an opportunity to reach out to a large crowd and MS said "sure, why not"

Microsoft's ad says "A new generation, May 21st"
Not "New Generation AND New CoD!"

Possible, but highly doubtful as the only logo depicted is that of Xbox when this will be (unless it's a spinoff CoD game) a multiplatform game. MS is trying to put enough money into Activision so that it appears to the layperson as if it was an Xbox exclusive game (TV ads, etc.) and this reveal is no exception.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#13flame030191Posted 5/2/2013 1:10:34 PM
DemiFist posted...
For one... It sells better on 360
and... They got nothing else, lol.

It sells better on Xbox for America only. Japan sells much more on the PS3 than Xbox, and EU is pretty close, according to the reports I've seen.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#14RollnThunder213Posted 5/2/2013 1:16:16 PM
You could ask the same for Sony and Destiny and Watch Dogs no? They showed them off at the Sony event, they're not exclusives at all.

It's just a way for MS and Sony to say "this game will be on our system". Saying that doesn't mean it won't be on other systems, it's just a way to sell the system and have the marketing reach the largest audience possible. So now all the millions of people looking forward to the next CoD will watch the Xbox event possibly just for CoD and associate the two brands together where they wouldn't have watched the event otherwise.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#15SunDevil77Posted 5/2/2013 1:21:33 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
You could ask the same for Sony and Destiny and Watch Dogs no? They showed them off at the Sony event, they're not exclusives at all.

It's just a way for MS and Sony to say "this game will be on our system". Saying that doesn't mean it won't be on other systems, it's just a way to sell the system and have the marketing reach the largest audience possible. So now all the millions of people looking forward to the next CoD will watch the Xbox event possibly just for CoD and associate the two brands together where they wouldn't have watched the event otherwise.

This is what I meant.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.