This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty: Ghosts is not in the Modern Warfare universe

#1flame030191Posted 5/2/2013 1:09:22 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/02/call-of-duty-ghosts-activision_n_3200058.html

Activision confirmed IW is making a brand new CoD world with brand new CoD characters on a brand new engine, and that more details will be announced on May 21st.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#2Nile528Posted 5/3/2013 12:02:38 AM
Sure looks similar to Ghost from MW2.....
---
XBL GT: Nile528
www.bravo2zero.org *B2Z*
#3SomnambulisticPosted 5/3/2013 12:11:22 AM
Nice, only took them half a dozen games to finally man up and actually start a new engine. Let's see if they even bother making it play any different.
---
Welcome to the party, pal.
#4Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 5/3/2013 12:56:35 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Nice, only took them half a dozen games to finally man up and actually start a new engine. Let's see if they even bother making it play any different.

You shoot people who are shooting at you. Not a lot of variation you can add to that. Did you want them to suddenly gain super powers and ride giant sloths?
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#5SomnambulisticPosted 5/3/2013 1:09:59 AM

You shoot people who are shooting at you. Not a lot of variation you can add to that. Did you want them to suddenly gain super powers and ride giant sloths?

I'm talking about the mechanics of the gameplay, the design of the engine - not just random additions they can throw into the game. You know, how it affects the general feeling of playing and experiencing the game. Battlefield and Call of Duty feel a lot different in how they play. Unless of course your point was just to say "Every shooter feels the exact same", in which case I shouldn't have bother responding in the first place.
---
Welcome to the party, pal.
#6SweetTreet4UPosted 5/3/2013 1:17:45 AM
Like that many actually cares about the story in CoD.
---
LeetCheet loves Alcazar.
#7Super CreaturesPosted 5/3/2013 1:21:18 AM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
Did you want them to suddenly gain super powers and ride giant sloths?

Yes.

A game where you have super powers and ride giant sloths would be an instant fully paid pre-order for the most expensive edition being released, even if it was a CoD game.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#8flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 1:44:24 AM

One of the statements Activision made is that the next gen engine will include a brand new physics engine, which hints at the physics being changed up.

I'd honestly rather have that than another graphical "update" like CoD tended to do (by that, I mean make the world less graphically impressive, weapons a little better, and make everything slightly more colorful)
---
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#9flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 1:45:29 AM
SweetTreet4U posted...

If you pay attention to many of the topics covering the game, most reference the story asking if it's before, during, or after MW series. This answers those questions: no.
---
#10SweetTreet4UPosted 5/3/2013 3:06:23 AM
flame030191 posted...
SweetTreet4U posted...

If you pay attention to many of the topics covering the game, most reference the story asking if it's before, during, or after MW series. This answers those questions: no.

But how many actually cares about the story in the ENTIRE COMMUNITY(which was my point)?
Just because there are 50% story related topics(hypothetical , I just throw an random number as an example) on GameFAQs, that doesn't mean thats exactly how many who cares about the story in the whole community.
And as I see it, Call of Duty's main sellingpoint is in fact the multiplayer, and most times when someone talks about CoD outside the Internet, it will most likely be the multiplayer.
---
LeetCheet loves Alcazar.