This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder if we'll ever get another Manhunt game...

#1AWarAmp84Posted 5/2/2013 12:20:06 PM
Was the first game really that disturbing enough to cancel the IP?
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#2Hillbilly_SmurfPosted 5/2/2013 12:27:56 PM
I think it had more to do with the second one.
---
Not changing this sig until people stop posting their favorite teams record in their sig, as if we don't have access to ESPN and give a flyin' ****.
#3glassghost0Posted 5/2/2013 12:28:12 PM
You know there's a Manhunt 2 right?
---
No Thanks
#4BlueJester007Posted 5/2/2013 12:37:36 PM
The second one was kind of crappy.
---
Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game out of the MGS series because it is the least Japanese.
#5NeVaRmoorePosted 5/2/2013 12:38:59 PM
Probably not. We live in an age where video games are a scapegoat excuse for why horrible people do horrible things. And Manhunt and to a lesser degree Manhunt 2 were some of the most violent games ever made in terms of wholesale acts of violence.

Sucks though, Manhunt is in my top 10 games of all time.
#6SheepinatorPosted 5/2/2013 1:40:12 PM
I loved Manhunt (1, never played 2). The sequel was done by an inferior studio, not the original team.

The thing is Rockstar North who created Manhunt are the guys in charge of GTA, which sells about 10x as much and is unbelievably profitable. So it's probably a tough sell to persuade them and their bosses to do a Manhunt game, which would probably only sell about 3M units. And remember we still haven't seen anything of Agent, which Rockstar North were supposedly developing.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7stargazer1981Posted 5/2/2013 1:48:23 PM
I liked the second one. There was some semblance of a story (as paper thin and predictable as it was) and the executions were brutal (especially uncensored). It had its flaws, and it was far from a perfect game, but I enjoyed it.

Far from the visceral, violently beautiful interpretation of "The Most Dangerous Game" that is the first Manhunt.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#8EnemyWithin88Posted 5/2/2013 4:38:26 PM
One can only hope. Open world, branching paths etc. The dirst was great. Never got to play the second. Always hoped itd open up more. Id even play a hd upgrade. Same with the suffering.
---
Play Slow Die Ignorant
#9TheBlueStigPosted 5/2/2013 4:41:34 PM
Too many countries banned the second game, odds are there won't ever be a 3rd one.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10TheBeastWithinPosted 5/2/2013 4:49:43 PM
ha, when I saw this topic I thought you were talking about the old Manhunter games. I remember having Manhunter San Francisco when I was a kid and being disturbed by the dead bodies.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!