This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for kids that grew up on this gen of gaming?

#1UniqueNameBroPosted 5/2/2013 5:13:43 PM
I do.

007 Goldeneye >>>>>>> COD & Halo
#2HawkerHurricanePosted 5/2/2013 5:15:37 PM
Why would I feel bad? This is the best gen yet.
---
Political correctness is fascism with manners.
#3DakhanavarXPosted 5/2/2013 5:17:12 PM
No, no I don't.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#4NeVaRmoorePosted 5/2/2013 5:18:47 PM
I don't feel bad for them so much as they disgust me. A majority of them are whiny brats.
#5UniqueNameBro(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:19:27 PM
Because half finished games and DLC.
#6SunDevil77Posted 5/2/2013 5:25:13 PM
No.
There's positives an negatives in all gens of gaming.

Hate on DLC all you want, but it sure as hell increases longevity of a game. Skyrim? Damn good game. Skyrim with Dragonborn and Dawnguard? Incredible.

Not once did I think I would be shooting zombies in the world of Red Dead, but I was happy as a lark when I was able to.

Not to mention the fantastic indie games coming out.

And the fact that just today I played my Gameboy Color (Pokemon crystal), and guess what? Kids that grew up this gen can buy a GBC for like...$10 and experience what we paid hundreds to do.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.
#7TheFeshPincePosted 5/2/2013 5:27:00 PM
DakhanavarX posted...
No, no I don't.
#8rpgianPosted 5/2/2013 5:27:23 PM
Graphics grew at the expense of general fun and quality. Maybe just nostalgia but older stuff felt more creative and less manufactured.

This generation of people seems disinterested in anything that doesn't pass their much higher visual bar. So they often wind up settling for lousier modern copies of things like the twilight zone because you know ewwie it doesn't have color!

Don't feel sorry for them. If they choose to only live by sight then we can't expect them to have good taste and the world has no problem supplying them slop
#9UniqueNameBro(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:36:02 PM
Quote:Graphics grew at the expense of general fun and quality. Maybe just nostalgia but older stuff felt more creative and less manufactured.

This generation of people seems disinterested in anything that doesn't pass their much higher visual bar. So they often wind up settling for lousier modern copies of things like the twilight zone because you know ewwie it doesn't have color!

Don't feel sorry for them. If they choose to only live by sight then we can't expect them to have good taste and the world has no problem supplying them slop

@rpgian

Well said. And I agree with the other posts as well, I just want to hear some other opinions.
#10alpo706Posted 5/2/2013 6:52:16 PM(edited)
I wouldn't describe the feeling as pity so much as contempt.

The vast majority of these kids just have no idea what makes a good game; they play for flashy BS that has nothing to do with gameplay.. They embrace franchises that debase the genres they've taken over.

And most of all they're freaking terrible at playing games, because the lack of difficulty in modern games has just gotten absurd. Dark Souls would have been an ordinary game 20 years ago, now it's "punishing" and "masochistic". I don't even like the game that much, but at least it doesn't treat me like I lack motor control of my fingers and a functioning brain like the majority of current gen titles.