This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for kids that grew up on this gen of gaming?

#111alexmercer17Posted 5/13/2013 5:06:21 PM
I`m still a kid and yes, I kinda feel bad for myself. I only say KINDA because The Last Of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, inFamous, Uncharted and much more. BUT, there were alot of disappointments as well. I like PSX/N64/Saturn gen the most. How do I know that? Because when I was like 4 (So in like 2002), I had a PSX, and in 2007, I got an N64. Plus, I`m a game collector.
#112BigTlovesBEERPosted 5/14/2013 12:52:37 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
No, I feel bad for the people of any age whose tastes don't go further than a handful of annual franchises. It's beyond me how people can walk into a game store and not have any interest beyond the same titles every year, year after year. The shelves may as well be bare, all they want is CoD.

tssst tssst. itth like a call of doodie or somethin... tsst tsst
#113xChaosLordxPosted 5/14/2013 1:42:53 AM
Its much deeper than feeling sorry for them; its an utter lack of faith in the future of humanity, let alone gaming.
#114LethalbuttersPosted 5/16/2013 10:58:43 PM
Twinmold posted...
WAAAH! People aren't having my childhood! WAAAH!

It's not about who's childhood it is, just the crap games that are out now rather than before. You don't have to see everything as "why isn't everyone like me." Look at it like "I wonder what kind of life others are having, and have them see the way I see things and I see how they see it".

PS. No need to troll.
---
It won't budge.
#115Super CreaturesPosted 5/16/2013 11:41:18 PM
Lethalbutters posted...
just the crap games that are out now rather than before.

Oh yeah, because previous generations weren't flooded with the same amount of **** this gen has been flooded with, and this gen hasn't had some absolute marvels just like previous gens have, right?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#116LethalbuttersPosted 5/17/2013 12:11:16 AM
Super Creatures posted...
Lethalbutters posted...

Oh yeah, because previous generations weren't flooded with the same amount of **** this gen has been flooded with, and this gen hasn't had some absolute marvels just like previous gens have, right?

This gen has great games. But it's the bad ones that are popular and most played, for example, cod is the most played game and its so repetitive. Before, good games were most played like Jak an Daxter, or Mario. Kids won't see the really good games this gen like Dark Souls, Skyrim, Army of Two, or any other good game.

Basically I wasn't speaking as a whole, because noone will ever play every game that has ever come out, but the games the kids would most likely play.
---
It won't budge.
#117nmaharg81Posted 5/17/2013 12:22:15 AM(edited)
Lethalbutters posted...
Super Creatures posted...
Lethalbutters posted...

This gen has great games. But it's the bad ones that are popular and most played, for example, cod is the most played game and its so repetitive. Before, good games were most played like Jak an Daxter, or Mario. Kids won't see the really good games this gen like Dark Souls, Skyrim, Army of Two, or any other good game.

Basically I wasn't speaking as a whole, because noone will ever play every game that has ever come out, but the games the kids would most likely play.

Good is relative. Maybe you simply got old and whats "good" now is catered to a younger audience.

Get with the times or get left behind.
#118Super CreaturesPosted 5/17/2013 10:41:43 AM
Lethalbutters posted...
but the games the kids would most likely play.

Who are you to determine what others, of any age, would or wouldn't play?

Lethalbutters posted...
cod is the most played game and its so repetitive. Before, good games were most played like Jak an Daxter, or Mario.

Right, because Mario isn't repetitive.

Lethalbutters posted...
Kids won't see the really good games this gen like Dark Souls, Skyrim, Army of Two, or any other good game.

Skyrim is one of the most popular titles out there, what kind of rock are you living under to think that "kids" will never see it?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#119SunDevil77Posted 5/17/2013 11:11:46 AM
I specifically love the fact he lists Army of Two as an underrated "good" game.

It's okay...but that whole series is defined by good ideas that are executed as average as can be.
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#120JaybirdXPosted 5/17/2013 2:38:12 PM
No I do not feel sorry for these kids. I hold my nostalgia on my sleeves but I know it its an endless cycle. Years from now this topic will come up and the kids that everyone feels bad for we be talking about another generation.

I think sometimes nostalgia blocks out the crap that came around. Basically the good stuff lives on and the bad stuff fades into nothing.

Another example I can think of is difficulty of games while some game were known for their notorious difficulty others were just bull$%^7 unbalanced nonsense made to lengthen what would be a game that could be beat in like 3 hours.

Also I see more whining about whiners than the actual whiners.