This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for kids that grew up on this gen of gaming?

#121SunDevil77Posted 5/17/2013 2:41:43 PM
JaybirdX posted...
I think sometimes nostalgia blocks out the crap that came around. Basically the good stuff lives on and the bad stuff fades into nothing.

Interestingly enough, almost every "top 10 worst games of all time" has a good 90% of the list in the 80's and 90's...when bad games actually didn't work.
---
Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
#122LethalbuttersPosted 5/17/2013 8:06:02 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Who are you to determine what others, of any age, would or wouldn't play?

I'm not, it's just statistics.

Right, because Mario isn't repetitive.

Well their are different games like Mario Carr, smash bros, baseball, tennis, party, and others. But I mostly felt like I would get ridiculed if I didn't put that because of the overall popularity of the series.

Skyrim is one of the most popular titles out there, what kind of rock are you living under to think that "kids" will never see it?

I have personally never seen a individual under the age of 13 play that game.
---
It won't budge.
#123FredSavage27Posted 5/17/2013 8:16:38 PM
It's a shame more kids 12 and under aren't playing an M-rated game.
#124Super CreaturesPosted 5/17/2013 9:38:48 PM
Lethalbutters posted...
Well their are different games like Mario Carr, smash bros, baseball, tennis, party, and others.

But those aren't what people think of when they hear Mario, they think of the platformers, not the offshoots that could be the same game without Mario, and other popular characters, in it.

Lethalbutters posted...
I have personally never seen a individual under the age of 13 play that game.

Point being?

I have personally never seen an individual under the age of 13 playing Halo, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, or that it isn't a common complaint coming from those who play the games.

FredSavage27 posted...
It's a shame more kids 12 and under aren't playing an M-rated game.

Some kids that young are perfectly capable of handling it, and that is a determination that should be made by informed parents, not anybody else.

And notice I said informed parents, the idiot parents that know jack **** about video games that just use them as a babysitter so they don't actually have to be a parent shouldn't be involved in that decision, or any other involving their kid.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.