This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for kids that grew up on this gen of gaming?

#21GGearXPosted 5/2/2013 9:40:33 PM
TheBonfini posted...
No I'm jealous they're 15 years younger than me.

old man.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#22StealthyVlad101Posted 5/2/2013 9:43:53 PM
Are they not allowed to play games from previous generations?
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#23WinternovaPosted 5/2/2013 9:57:20 PM
Compared to the games I had when I was a kid, these kids have it made. I would've killed to have what they have.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#24Moss_27Posted 5/2/2013 9:58:48 PM
I'm sure that I have a much higher appreciation for games made today...and much less interest in multiplayer focused games than those who grew up on this gen.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#25GGearXPosted 5/2/2013 10:00:37 PM
StealthyVlad101 posted...
Are they not allowed to play games from previous generations?

I dunno.... also.....

Hi

*runs away*
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#26Super CreaturesPosted 5/2/2013 10:13:22 PM
UniqueNameBro posted...
Because half finished games and DLC.

As opposed to half finished games and Director's Cut re-releases at full MSRP, if they decide to "finish" the game in the first place?

And what is so horrible about DLC?

20 years ago, that content would have been called an expansion pack, or if it was content cut from the original game, it would have been left on the cutting room floor instead of being finished and released at a later time.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#27FredSavage27Posted 5/2/2013 10:20:07 PM
rpgian posted...
Graphics grew at the expense of general fun and quality. Maybe just nostalgia but older stuff felt more creative and less manufactured.

This generation of people seems disinterested in anything that doesn't pass their much higher visual bar. So they often wind up settling for lousier modern copies of things like the twilight zone because you know ewwie it doesn't have color!

Don't feel sorry for them. If they choose to only live by sight then we can't expect them to have good taste and the world has no problem supplying them slop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLly625cXE

This commercial is from 30 years ago. Why are people acting like an obsession with graphics is something new?
---
DISCLOSURE: My real name is not Fred Savage, nor do I remember why I call myself that.
#28SgtBass8705Posted 5/2/2013 10:31:54 PM(edited)
The classics can be played on PSN, Xbox market place and nintendo's VC. so no. Also some of the best games I've ever played were in this generation, although PS2, Xbox, GC, and DC all shared the best generation so far IMO.

I may be wrong but this is how I view the generations in my mind

I know 0 about before the NES, so...

NES, Atari - The puzzle generation

SNES, and Sega - The generation of the platformers

N64, and PS1 - The RPG generation

Gamecube, PS2, Xbox - Mainstream generation - basically had something for everybody

Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 - The casual, and FPS generation.

This is purely opinion based. It might just be how I personally played each gen, but it's what I remember and I lived it.
---
PSN: JoshD8705
#29Super CreaturesPosted 5/2/2013 11:30:32 PM
SgtBass8705 posted...
Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 - The casual, and FPS generation.

Because, unlike the previous generation, it doesn't have something for everybody, right?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#30Arucard05Posted 5/2/2013 11:38:39 PM
From any group of gamers, there's going to be a large majority that will never play anything that came out before they were born. It's their loss.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.