This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for kids that grew up on this gen of gaming?

#51pothocketPosted 5/3/2013 12:49:33 PM
shawnmck posted...
No, because 20 years from now they will still be able to play the future generations of video-games, while I will be a corpse that can only feed worms with my rotting carcass.

You're in luck because our new "games for corpses" division will soon be announcing their first titles.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#52WinternovaPosted 5/3/2013 4:33:13 PM
SgtBass8705 posted...
NES, Atari - The puzzle generation

The Atari 2600 was much more of a SHMUP generation. The NES was more of a platformer generation.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#53Yankeehazard191Posted 5/3/2013 4:49:50 PM
No because I have other things to worry about
---
XxBluntmanxX191
#54UniqueNameBro(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:31:00 PM
Quote:No because I have other things to worry about
@Yankeehazard191

Oh.
*looks at sig*
Like smoke weed bro?
#55thepixelgardenPosted 5/4/2013 12:16:37 AM
Super Creatures posted...
And what is so horrible about DLC?

20 years ago, that content would have been called an expansion pack, or if it was content cut from the original game, it would have been left on the cutting room floor instead of being finished and released at a later time.

No, they would have been called "unlockables", and you would have either had to beat the game, put in a code on the password screen, or press a few buttons in a certain order at the right time, in order to unlock them.

Has it been so long that people have forgotten this?
#56kingbahamut83Posted 5/4/2013 1:36:29 AM
No. I don't feel bad for these kids that think they are entitled to everything under the sun. I'm 30 years old and I asked every year for a genesis for Christmas when I was younger. I had NES, but I wanted a genesis. Finally got it in 96 for Christmas with the Sega channel. Today, they just whine or cuss their parents out to get it and shoot them when they take it away (kid with halo 3 few years back).
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#57TheBonfiniPosted 5/4/2013 1:41:20 AM
GGearX posted...
TheBonfini posted...
No I'm jealous they're 15 years younger than me.

old man.

Just thinking of the technological leap that should make gaming one of the most engrossing mediums of entertainments and they have a much better chance to live to see that happen. The future could be mind bottling.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#58Super CreaturesPosted 5/4/2013 2:08:35 AM
thepixelgarden posted...

No, they would have been called "unlockables", and you would have either had to beat the game, put in a code on the password screen, or press a few buttons in a certain order at the right time, in order to unlock them.

Has it been so long that people have forgotten this?

Such blind hatred for content you don't even understand.

How would Shivering Isle have been an unlockable?

How would Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Secret Armory of General Knoxx, or Robot Revolution have been unlockables?

Sure, there is a bunch of costume packs, microtransaction DLC (paying to unlock content you can get by just playing the game), and other stuff that may or may not have been unlockables in previous gens, but the majority of DLC is far more than what you claim.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#59GeistPosted 5/4/2013 3:03:42 AM
My generation : http://m.gamefaqs.com/msx/918021-batman/images/screen-2

Their generation : http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/285/reviews/981374_20111013_screen003.jpg

So no.
---
Currently playing : Batman A.C.
#60L0ZPosted 5/4/2013 4:10:36 AM
UniqueNameBro posted...
I do.

007 Goldeneye >>>>>>> COD & Halo

no nostalgia is blinding
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]