This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did 360 win this generation?

#41kingwutuguPosted 5/4/2013 4:04:26 AM
i think DLC won this gen
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#42FayeLadyPosted 5/4/2013 5:13:26 AM
CammyApple has a lot of good points, but I disagree about couch co op. It has its place in games like Smash Brothers, Wii Sports or Street Fighter. Many other games tho, simply are not optimized enough to run two instances of itself, often at half the frame rate.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#43shawnmckPosted 5/4/2013 9:03:22 AM
The question is debatable, as it can be argued either way.
Microsoft is making money, and their product name is just as big as Nintendo or Sony, so in that sense they have won.
But as far as market place, they have since slipped significantly, and are actually starting to piss an ever growing number of people off with their shenanigans.
It will be interesting to see how they fare next gen. I predict that they will have trouble next gen. They've already hurt themselves by refusing to comment on the rumors. If they aren't true, then they should just say so. But they refuse, which just keeps the speculation alive, and with animosity.
#44DarkImpact2021Posted 5/4/2013 9:52:58 AM
Online passes, overpriced DLC, On-disc content locked until users pay extra for it, the death of actual hidden content in games, the death of cheat codes, Digital "LICENSING" of games instead of actually owning the game, digital games being overpriced, ad-laden dashboards, sequels with annual releases, DRM, more focus on Apps than actual games, PSN being taken offline for 2 months straight, taking advantage of people's OCD tendencies with Trophies/Achievements.

All that and more, yet people still bought the consoles and continue to pay into their schemes. You know who won? Big business. They stolen your money right from under your noses and you're perfectly content with it as long as you get Call of Duty 73 and a dozen map packs. The more it's encouraged, the worse it will become. Good luck with the next generation. Always-online, not playing used games, etc... It will be interesting to see what new trends corporate Japan and corporate America will use to screw you over next.
#45xanthan1Posted 5/4/2013 10:09:04 AM
DarkImpact2021 posted...
Online passes, overpriced DLC, On-disc content locked until users pay extra for it, the death of actual hidden content in games, the death of cheat codes, Digital "LICENSING" of games instead of actually owning the game, digital games being overpriced, ad-laden dashboards, sequels with annual releases, DRM, more focus on Apps than actual games, PSN being taken offline for 2 months straight, taking advantage of people's OCD tendencies with Trophies/Achievements.

All that and more, yet people still bought the consoles and continue to pay into their schemes. You know who won? Big business. They stolen your money right from under your noses and you're perfectly content with it as long as you get Call of Duty 73 and a dozen map packs. The more it's encouraged, the worse it will become. Good luck with the next generation. Always-online, not playing used games, etc... It will be interesting to see what new trends corporate Japan and corporate America will use to screw you over next.

So Nintendo avoiding most of what was wrong this gen?
#46The_BubPosted 5/4/2013 10:20:11 AM
Tube_of_Noob posted...

The 360 isnt selling as many consoles right now because the market is already saturated with them.

So the market is even more saturated with PS3's yet it continues to sell more?
#47DarkImpact2021Posted 5/4/2013 10:26:38 AM
Nintendo's unfortunately in a different ballpark. They have underpowered consoles with gimmicky control schemes and struggle to receive 3rd party support beyond party games and shovelware. They themselves dominate with exclusives 1st party dominance, but they do leave a void in mature-themed games and original IPs are always an issue that Nintendo doesn't seem to want to address.

That said, if Nintendo could actually get the Wii U off the ground, I have a lot of faith in what it can do. I already own one and look forward to seeing what it has to offer this holiday season.
#48xanthan1Posted 5/4/2013 10:26:55 AM
The_Bub posted...
Tube_of_Noob posted...

The 360 isnt selling as many consoles right now because the market is already saturated with them.

So the market is even more saturated with PS3's yet it continues to sell more?

Maybe the PS3 will peter out in a few months, you know from the number of people not buying it near release due to the absurd price.

Or that it came out later and has had less time to saturate.
#49aDominationPosted 5/4/2013 10:47:32 AM
SNES is still the best console ever made.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#50kingwutuguPosted 5/5/2013 1:37:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]