This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all the new info today, gta5 could be greatest game ever made

#21TheIastspartanPosted 5/3/2013 12:34:31 PM(edited)
deimos91 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Rockstar is making it.

No way in hell will it be "best game ever".

Red dead is one of the best ever and max payne has the best shooting ever so your opinion is invalid kid

Red Dead is amazing, and I'd even go as far as calling it near perfect, but even it is not even close to being the best game ever. And Max Payne 3 was a disappointment.

So no, I don't see how thinking GTA V has no chance of being the "best game ever" is an invalid opinion. It's an extremely big feat.
#22Ginsu VictimPosted 5/3/2013 3:57:37 PM
flame030191 posted...
Red Dead is by no means "one of the best". Nobody has hailed it in such high regards as Zelda: OOT and Final Fantasy 7 (though I didn't much care for FF7 myself).

It surpassed A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, ICO, and Shadow of the Colossus to take the number one spot on my all-time favorite list.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#23TheIastspartanPosted 5/3/2013 11:35:15 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
flame030191 posted...
Red Dead is by no means "one of the best". Nobody has hailed it in such high regards as Zelda: OOT and Final Fantasy 7 (though I didn't much care for FF7 myself).

It surpassed A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, ICO, and Shadow of the Colossus to take the number one spot on my all-time favorite list.

I think it was pretty ignorant to say "nobody" has nailed it in such high regards, as I'm sure tons of people have. However, it'd probably be safe to say that the general consensus of RDR is that it's amazing but not quite at the status of the other games flame mentioned.
#24art_of_the_killPosted 5/3/2013 11:37:49 PM
gta5 could be greatest game ever made

I remember when people said the same thing about Skyrim. Look how that turned out...
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#25TheIastspartanPosted 5/3/2013 11:40:06 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
gta5 could be greatest game ever made

I remember when people said the same thing about Skyrim. Look how that turned out...

Exactly. It's easy to forget just how much a game has to accomplish to be considered even remotely the best game of all time.
#26rofflchopperPosted 5/4/2013 12:00:08 AM
All that new info does make the new game seems amazing, almost overwhelming, but I remember the same feeling when info was released about GTA IV. Some stuff was hyped up to be more fun and involving than it actually was. But regardless I know it was be an awesome game and I'll get it day 1.

Best game ever? I'd be surprised. GTA is one of my favorite series and I know it will be one of my favorite games this gen, maybe ever. But definitely not my favorite game ever.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#27DxZ99Posted 5/4/2013 12:33:04 AM
If theres no Free Mode, or if it is and its extremely limited. GTA:IV > GTA:V. Show and improve Rockstar.... show and improve.
#28kingwutuguPosted 5/4/2013 3:49:31 AM
LoL I doubt it will even surpass gta 2
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#29Banana_ManaPosted 5/4/2013 4:33:26 AM
DyingPancake posted...

+ It seems there's a closer relationship between single and multiplayer. Simply pressing Down on the d-pad will drop the play in and out of MP.

This sounds like the worst thing ever.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#30Ginsu VictimPosted 5/4/2013 9:37:37 AM
DxZ99 posted...
If theres no Free Mode

They say the entire map is wide open from the start. Why would do that, then limit it?
Don't worry about free roaming.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)