This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all the new info today, gta5 could be greatest game ever made

#41Moss_27Posted 5/4/2013 12:10:06 PM
What was repetitive about it? The parts where you could search for treasure, find plants, do tasks for strangers, fight gangs at hideouts, get attacked by animals, hunt animals, do shooting and hunting challenges, complete bounties, complete challenges for new outfits, assist with random encounters that can come up at any given time right in front of you? All of these were optional, but added incredible depth to the game and best yet...could be done whenever you felt like it. Or you could ignore any of those activities that didn't interest you.

Or the action packed story missions that could be completed at your own pace?
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#42pothocketPosted 5/4/2013 12:21:41 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
pothocket posted...
No one answered my question about whether or not there's coop, yet the missions seem like they're designed for more than one person.

It appears like you either have to have friends to play the campaign or be forced to juggle between 3 different characters at once.

Did you read the article about the playthrough? You will control all three characters and there is no co-op for missions.

That sucks and does not sound fun.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#43aDominationPosted 5/4/2013 12:28:12 PM
I just hope the car mechanics are better than GTA4.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#44bossk5Posted 5/4/2013 12:35:29 PM
aDomination posted...

The car mechanics in GTA 4 were great.

I just hope they don't listen to the people pissing and moaning that they couldn't" turn on a dime" and change them.
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#45SupernautusPosted 5/4/2013 12:36:58 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
SparkItUp posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
pyrokinesis666 posted...
I just read all the info released today and got so excited i almost ****** in my pants.

Do yourself a favor, don't turn into bronze4v4pro and overhype a game, it's a really really BAD idea.

Big difference...bronze overhyped games that were unproven (Kindom of Amular comes to mind)....Grand Theft Auto is a proven commodity

GTAIV got this humongous overhype and everyone says the same thing after release:

The realism and serious story ruins the entire game.

Numerous people thought it was a fantastic game (myself among them), so it certainly wasn't "everyone" who said the realism or serious story ruin the game.
#46aDominationPosted 5/4/2013 12:39:04 PM
bossk5 posted...
aDomination posted...

I just hope they don't listen to the people pissing and moaning that they couldn't" turn on a dime" and change them.

No, no basically my only 2 complaints about the cars was how much of a lean they had when you took a corner and there brakes sucked.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#47bossk5Posted 5/4/2013 12:41:21 PM
aDomination posted...
bossk5 posted...
aDomination posted...

No, no basically my only 2 complaints about the cars was how much of a lean they had when you took a corner and there brakes sucked.

Like....cars?
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#48SoF-RamboPosted 5/4/2013 12:43:43 PM
Have they said anything about the radio stations? I always love the foreign language stations, especially RDM in Liberty City Stories.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#49Reel_Big_MikePosted 5/4/2013 12:45:54 PM
There's zero doubt in my mind GTA V will be the greatest game ever made. I've been gaming for 20 years and right now it's a tie between Shenmue and GTA IV for my current best game of all-time. Since GTA V will obviously be better than GTA IV, it will be my new #1.

The problem with any of these "_______ is/could be the best game of all-time" topics is that you could pick any game in the world, and you'll still get tons and tons of people who disagree. Much like with online customer reviews, people are far more likely to post on a message board to refute something's greatness than they are to herald it.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#50hak145Posted 5/4/2013 12:49:28 PM
Moss_27 posted...
What was repetitive about it? The parts where you could search for treasure, find plants, do tasks for strangers, fight gangs at hideouts, get attacked by animals, hunt animals, do shooting and hunting challenges, complete bounties, complete challenges for new outfits, assist with random encounters that can come up at any given time right in front of you? All of these were optional, but added incredible depth to the game and best yet...could be done whenever you felt like it. Or you could ignore any of those activities that didn't interest you.

Or the action packed story missions that could be completed at your own pace?

are you kidding? the entire plot was go to this location, cutscene, then go to another location while on a wagon/horse, engaging in the most useless dialogue that annoyed me, then participate in a shootout. IT WAS EXACTLY THAT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME. FORMULAIC TO A TEE. Maybe it wouldn't have been such a negative if the conversations didn't feel so redundant and annoying. Not too mention the running/fast walking was annoying with having to press the A button multiple times. Gun combat had no oomph to it while your character's movement was like a tank(slow and clunky). All those activities you listed felt tacked on and really weren't enticing enough to get me to do. RDR isn't a bad game since i played through the whole game but it is by no means, IMO, a good one either. Its decent.

TL;DR : RDR is a highly overrated, decent game
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls