This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all the new info today, gta5 could be greatest game ever made

#51bossk5Posted 5/4/2013 12:50:16 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
There's zero doubt in my mind GTA V will be the greatest game ever made. I've been gaming for 20 years and right now it's a tie between Shenmue and GTA IV for my current best game of all-time. Since GTA V will obviously be better than GTA IV, it will be my new #1.

The problem with any of these "_______ is/could be the best game of all-time" topics is that you could pick any game in the world, and you'll still get tons and tons of people who disagree. Much like with online customer reviews, people are far more likely to post on a message board to refute something's greatness than they are to herald it.

It could NEVER be considered the best game of all time here on Gamefaqs anyway because...well....it isn't a Japanese game.
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#52seankimberley42Posted 5/4/2013 1:29:44 PM
bossk5 posted...
aDomination posted...
I just hope the car mechanics are better than GTA4.

The car mechanics in GTA 4 were great.

I just hope they don't listen to the people pissing and moaning that they couldn't" turn on a dime" and change them.

Really? Is that why they changed the driving mechanics in the DLC for the last game? Is that why they not only talked about the changes to driving in 5, but also gave a character a driving specialization?
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#53bossk5Posted 5/4/2013 1:58:26 PM(edited)
seankimberley42 posted...
bossk5 posted...
aDomination posted...
I just hope the car mechanics are better than GTA4.

The car mechanics in GTA 4 were great.

I just hope they don't listen to the people pissing and moaning that they couldn't" turn on a dime" and change them.

Really? Is that why they changed the driving mechanics in the DLC for the last game? Is that why they not only talked about the changes to driving in 5, but also gave a character a driving specialization?

Because of the pissing and moaning? Yes.

Anymore questions?
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#54Robin_MaskPosted 5/4/2013 2:30:42 PM
bossk5 posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
There's zero doubt in my mind GTA V will be the greatest game ever made. I've been gaming for 20 years and right now it's a tie between Shenmue and GTA IV for my current best game of all-time. Since GTA V will obviously be better than GTA IV, it will be my new #1.

The problem with any of these "_______ is/could be the best game of all-time" topics is that you could pick any game in the world, and you'll still get tons and tons of people who disagree. Much like with online customer reviews, people are far more likely to post on a message board to refute something's greatness than they are to herald it.

It could NEVER be considered the best game of all time here on Gamefaqs anyway because...well....it isn't a Japanese game.

Reminds me of how horrible the Nintendo and Final Fantasy fanboys are.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#55TheBlueStigPosted 5/4/2013 2:35:41 PM
SparkItUp posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
pyrokinesis666 posted...
I just read all the info released today and got so excited i almost ****** in my pants.

Do yourself a favor, don't turn into bronze4v4pro and overhype a game, it's a really really BAD idea.

Big difference...bronze overhyped games that were unproven (Kindom of Amular comes to mind)....Grand Theft Auto is a proven commodity

Let's see here, massive s***load of game breaking bugs, crashing, storyline plot holes big enough to fly a C5 Galaxy through, and controversy enough to get it banned in multiple countries.

Yeah that's a real "proven commodity" there....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#56Deathx113Posted 5/4/2013 3:08:03 PM
I'm personally not excited.

The more you hype the more you'll be disappoint.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#57Ginsu VictimPosted 5/4/2013 3:24:41 PM
hak145 posted...
RDR is a highly overrated, decent game

...that I enjoyed so much I still play even after 100%'ing it a few years ago.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#58Demon_AckerPosted 5/4/2013 3:28:27 PM
bossk5 posted...

Always someone who's gonna pull the region card huh
But man...GTA V really does look massive.
http://gematsu.com/2013/05/grand-theft-auto-v-latest-details-screenshots

-Los Santos is the biggest world Rockstar has ever created. It is five times bigger than the frontier in Red Dead Redemption and bigger than the worlds of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined.

Plus there's the countryside, wild animals, you can explore underwater, lots of customization and things you can purchase, side-missions, etc

Activities include base-jumping, off-road ATV races, animal hunting, picking up hitchhikers, hijacking security vans, competing in triathlons, playing golf or tennis, doing yoga, performing stunt jumps, completing flying challenges, and more.

It looks really good. I have complete faith in Rockstar.
#59hak145Posted 5/4/2013 3:45:54 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
hak145 posted...
RDR is a highly overrated, decent game

...that I enjoyed so much I still play even after 100%'ing it a few years ago.

that's cool for you. personally i was done with it after finishing the story. they luckily brought out the zombie dlc mini campaign. IMO, much better then the main campaign.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#60SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 4:02:50 PM
Don't mind Hak, he's a rabid Dark Souls fan
---
You'll...never see me coming.